• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

anyone every use these guys for a AR barrel?

Re: anyone every use these guys for a AR barrel?

They used to have a good reputation for quality work but I'm not sure if Randall is still in business. I think he took on more than he could handle.

I bought an upper from him, he said it was all ready to go but it took him awhile to ship it. It was a very nice upper and it is currently in the hands of a hillbilly relative of mine in Sweethome, OR.

He has his own forum, I think it's called California Precision Rifle Shooters or something like that. If you want something done by him that would be the place to contact him I'd think. Also be prepared for a wait time as his barrel business is a part time, hobby sort of thing.

If you want a quality barrel and a reasonable turn around, look at Kreiger or Lilja. Some of the other top notch makers can hook you up with a good barrel also. That way you don't have to worry about what you are getting.

Thanks for the input, Im afraid the the 14.5" barrel i want to replace with the same lenght is going to be a problem for some of the larger names.

Im order to make it legal i would want to attach a YHM QD suppressor mount. so it should be over 16"

have any of you guys done anything similar?

JP, DPMS, Noveske and Olympic Arms (only their Ultramatch SS barrels).

Rich

I was just looking at the noveske. That looks like what im looking for. I guess they would sell you the 14.5" and leave it up to me to make it legal?

I may just end up leaving the rifle alone as its barrel isnt shot out. $450 would go a long ways to getting the paperwork and parts for a SBR build. That Adams Arms 7.5" PDW looks real nice..