• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Anyone familiar with cerakote?

Mohawk3a

Supporter
Supporter
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 8, 2010
California
I have another barrel for my rifle but my smith doesn't paint. How difficult would it be put paint a new barrel od green to match my action. I've seen the air dry cerakote. Any good? Easy/hard to work with?

Re: Anyone familiar with cerakote?

I haved used the air dry on smaller parts. I thought it was real easy to use and matched my od green darn near perfect.

If you are going to do part of it, you may want to consider doing both the action and barrel together if you want a perfect match. Not that much more paint or hassle.

I would agree with the previous post of doing it at the same time.
The biggest issue is that the sheens may not match up. With the H series the sheen can be altered, but it can't with the C series. Applying cerakote is not overly difficult if you have the proper equipment. Its all about proper prep and spraying a good coat. I use an HVLP gun, but any decent air brush would get the job done too.

Thanks for the advice. So how should I strip the old paint off my receiver?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mohawk3A</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the advice. So how should I strip the old paint off my receiver?</div></div>

bead blast