• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone familiar with MD laws willing to shed some light on something for me

Surfingsk8r

Private
Minuteman
Feb 15, 2017
Due to circumstances I am looking to sell a few items from my collection. One of the rifles I have chosen to part with started life as an AR lower that i had to fill out the 77r to obtain. What I am finding tough to determine is if I need to do anything abnormal to sell this rifle because it started out as a lower. Some sources seem to say that once its built into a rifle then it's no longer a regulated firearm and can be sold through normal channels but others say that there are additional steps required and I vaguely remember seeing something on the 77r about having to notify the MSP if it were to be transferred when I filled out the form.

Any help is appreciated thanks.

Fair enough. I guess that is probably the best way to be sure that I don't run into any legal issues later on down the road.