• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone familiar with the Savage Model 110FCP-K?

JRockman

Private
Minuteman
Jan 30, 2009
Colorado
Looking for a platform that'll get beyond 1000 yards for under $700. Will use 95% of the time at the range (not competition...yet), 5% of the time hunting elk in CO.

The Savage Model 110FCP-K in 300 win mag has caught my eye... accutrigger, accustock, box magazine, fluted heavy barrel, muzzlebreak, tactical bolt.

Anyone ever shot one or compared to a Rem 700 series? For the money seems like a great way to go?

Opinions appreciated!

Re: Anyone familiar with the Savage Model 110FCP-K?

I am also interested to hear what people have to say about this stick. I was tempted to buy one recently when heading to a LR class but would not have been able to acquire the needed ammo short notice...

I would prefer the .308 version myself.

I got to shoot the 308 version a couple weekends ago and it shot very well considering the crap ball ammo they had for it.

It sounds like it meets your needs. The new accustock feels better than the old synthetics. Less flex and more solid feeling.

In my limited experience the Savages usually shoot as good or better as a out of the box Remington. Buy whichever feels better.

JRockman- I dont have the 300 Win Mag version but I do have the .308 and its great for me... and typical Savage accuracy that never fails to please. The accustock is a great addition and major improvement, there are magazine kits through sharp shooters supply that extend the factory mag to 9 or 10 rounds, the brake is effective. I added a Karsten cheek piece to mine and am glad I did as the buttstock is a little too sloped for my taste.

Where are you at in Colorado? if you arent too far away I'll be glad to meet up with ya so you can shoot the .308 version before you buy.

I'd recommend getting an extra sporter weight barrel for dedicated hunting if you are planning to carry it much in the mountains. The thing is Barrel heavy.

As for comparison to the remington, I have an LTR as well and I prefer the Savage as a pure factory set up V.S. my Remmie.

ive ordered one, but wont be here in australia till end of september
frown.gif

sounded like the best value for money varmint/LR rifle out there, thats why i ordered it... If i didnt, i would have bought a tikka t3 varmint or super varmint. Very acuurate from what ive seen...

Never buying a cheap remington again, last one would not group less than 1.5in at best no matter what loads i put thru it. So its been converted into a custom 338 edge as we speak... only thing i kept is the action...

Thanks for the offer! I'm in Highlands Ranch, not far from the Springs.

Would love to give your 308 a try if you're interested in a get together. Send me a PM and we'll coodinate details.

I tried to call sharp shooters, but they're out for the week. I didn't see that they offer the extended magazine for the long action Savages. Do you know if they do?

That's pretty neat to hear your thoughts when comparing against the LTR. Speaks highly of the 110.

I was under the impression they offered the magazine extension for both LA and SA but after looking at their page I see that those are in the works. My apologies for bad info.

Dont get me wrong, the LTR is a good little rifle. I just think the Savage is more user friendly and a joy to shoot comparatively.

PM inbound

As a rule Savages shoot very well out of the box, but it is a factory rifle and occasionally one will get through that may shoot a little worse. They aren't hard to fix if shoot poorly.

I had one in .308 and with hand loads it shot consistent .578" - .785 for me.

Hard to beat that for the cost.

Best,

J~

Picked up the .223 a couple of months ago.

Great bang for the buck.