• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone familiar with the Swarovski STM 65 20-60 spotting scope?

Winchester59

Minuteman
Nov 9, 2013
Missouri
One of our local big box stores has the above mentioned scope marked down to $1299 from $1799. I assume they are clearing inventory to make way for the new HD version of the same scope. I would like to upgrade from a Leupold 15-45. The spotter would be used for prairie dog hunting and spotting long range targets. I have Swarovski binocs and their 8x30 range finder, which other than the target ring on the rangefinder, I really like. So, book finished, does anyone have experience with this scope?(I really can't justify the price of it's Swaro big brothers, eg. eyepiece, body etc.) Thanks!

I have had the STS for several years and is a good spotter with excellent optics. The STM has a magnesium body I while the STS is aluminium. Mine is equipped with the 25x50 wide angle eyepiece. Also the vortex 30x milrad and moa eyepieces will work with the scope as well if you need ranging capability.

That's a good deal for that scope.
Honestly for similar money, I'd buy the demo Razor HD from CameraLand for $1350.
If you can deal with the extra weight, the 85mm Razor is gonna be brighter than the 65mm Swaro.

Vortex - Camera Land NY