• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up anyone from alabama on here?

herren2006

Skin that Smoke Wagon
Minuteman
Mar 5, 2010
alabama
hey guys im new in the sport of long range shooting. i was wondering if there was some ranges that are unlisted to the public that i might be able to join. all that are listed on the internet are 200 yard max or too far to drive.

Re: anyone from alabama on here?

oh sorry im from randolph county. i forgot to post that earlier.

Should be lots of places around you to set up your own range. There's a few places in the BHam area.

anyone from alabama go to creekside firing range? i was also wondering about a range in opelika,al. a buddy of mine said that it is a 1000yd range. this would be a 45min drive for me. just looking for some info.

Check out:
www.scssa.org/

The range you speak of in Opelika, AL is a private range it's invite only. It's called HardRock. Look up DocB here on the Hide if you want to shot there he is the man in the know for Hardrock. There's a bunch of guys that shoot at Hardrock that shoot at the SCSSA matches.

thanks man. im new at this kind of shooting so they will probably blow me off. its worth a try though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sps remytactical</div><div class="ubbcode-body">thanks man. im new at this kind of shooting so they will probably blow me off. its worth a try though. </div></div>

No we wont. Everyone has to start somwhere. You did the first step by becoming a member here. Now just get in touch with Doc and we will see you out there.

just got in touch with DocB. hope to see some of you guys in may for a shoot. im gonna be busy tryin to get my rifle ready to go have some fun. hope to get some good tips also. thanks again for the info beenjammin.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sps remytactical</div><div class="ubbcode-body">thanks man. im new at this kind of shooting so they will probably blow me off. its worth a try though. </div></div>

1st time I ever shot past 100y was at HR, great group of guys, an a fun match. I didn't even own a LR rifle at the time. Fella named Will let me use his rifle / ammo and even spotted me.

I'll be back in BHam next week and plan on making some HR matches this year, you can rid with as long as your not a lunatic serial killer...
laugh.gif

thats a good deal. you guys hit me up when you plan on going. are you a member there now?

You can say that. It's not really a "membership" match, more of a loosely worded invitational...

Mr. Bill just likes to somewhat know who's coming, rather that be through directly talking to them, or one of us who frequent there talk to them. You'll have a great time. Bring your A game, it can be harder than you think to hit a 1-2 MOA target... LOL

heck yea i cant wait. my rifle is susposed to arrive today. DocB is susposed to be emailing me the schedule for this year.

Hey guys,

I live in Birmingham and I need a reliable FFL holder to receive a pistol that I ordered. Any recommendations?

Thanks

PC

Check with Hoover Tactical. Not sure if he does this but the owner is a great guy and can probably hook you up.

Hey guys, anyone know of a long-distance range in lower Al?
I'm in Baldwin Co., its the same thing, mostly 200yd ranges
Thanks

Hey JTyson. Bullz I sports is a 25 to 500 yard range on hwy 98 toward lucedale MS just over the MS border . Its public and pay by the day. Just go straight out Moffett road. There is the Pasgagoula shooting club just south of the first exit on I-10 in MS. Franklin creek I beleive is the name of the exit. The Pasgagoula club is set up for 25 to 1000 yards. You must qualify and get your membership card stamped for anything over 600 yards. They are on the internet under Pasgagoula shooting club or center. 100.00 a year to join if there is a opening it is a closed membership (limited number of members) I believe. I'm sure you are already aware of Styx river shooting center on your side of the bay north of I-10.
HTH
Rad

200 yard rifle and police pistol next to my home in Tallassee Al.
its mine so if you are in the area and want to shoot just let me know...its free by the way
I am now retired so company is always welcome here.
Bob aka nam grunt
[email protected] for email

Awesome, I am a student at Auburn, and I did not even know we had a 1000 yard range in Opelika! I should be kicking myself right now. I will be getting in touch with Doc to see if I can become a member. Thanks guys