• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone get a 90 grain bullet to shoot well out of a 6.5 CM gas gun?

giannid

Private
Minuteman
Mar 20, 2017
Chagrin Falls, Ohio
I've got a DD54v chambered in an 18" 6.5 Cm that I've doing some load development with 90 grain TNT over H4350. After my second outing with it yesterday, I'm scrapping that bullet/powder combination. Just seems to be finicky and inconsistent. I've ordered some 90 Varmageddon bullets and going to try those along with the 90 grain TNT with some other powders. I'm convinced the H4350 isn't going to work well with these light bullets. I've already got a great shooting load with H4350 and 143 ELDX.

Would really like to get a light bullet to shoot well with this gun for varmint hunting. Other powders I have on hand are 8208xbr, Shooters World Precision Rifle (Varget replacement), and H4895. Anyone get a semi auto to shoot well with any of these bullet/powder selections? Hopefully I'm not chasing my tail. Would be happy with a consistent MOA load.

I'm shooting a 95gr vmax through my 260 rem in the identical setup. Getting half moa groups..

the attachment might help. However, i load them at 2.650 OAL

Attachments

• Speer 90 gr TNT HP for Creedmoor.pdf
    107 KB · Views: 125

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230501_104831_ColorNote.jpg
    Screenshot_20230501_104831_ColorNote.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 56

These bullets are so easy to load and easy to find a quick bug holer charge weight. They will take a jump from mag length to the lands like a champ. Maybe a bit tough for what you intend, but they are fun and fast.