• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone getting “sell us your house” calls?

D̷e̷v̷i̷l̷D̷o̷c̷A̷Z̷

Banned x2 🤪
Minuteman
Sep 11, 2014
Yuma, AZ
Not sure if it’s just my area or I just got unlucky. I’ve had a few “your car warranty is about to expire” in my lifetime but the number of “hi my name is xxxxxx I’d like to buy your house” they never make an offer. They just ask how much I want. It’s not even fun anymore.

I’m even getting txt’d and calls for properties I don’t even own. I will admit those are fun to set up a showing knowing I don’t even know what address it is.

All this action is in AZ. Some PHX addresses but not all PHX addresses, so it’s not a PHX thing but so far all the properties “they” think I own are all in AZ so far.

You fellows getting these annoying calls and txts? Some can’t even speak engrish

MOTHER FUCK!!! I get two or three texts a fucking day. I am a broker and my business info in out on the web in a big way, and we used to own a bunch of rentals, but have gotten rid of most of them. I get texts about property I haven't owned in years. I don't know what data bases they're using, but they're getting ripped off. Whatever you do, don't answer them. Block them entirely if possible. If you answer and tell them to fuck off the number will double.

Reactions: Ravenworks
we get those calls, also letters in the mail & notes stuck to the front gate.
Flippers & scammers, all.
Well glad I’m not alone.

I don’t mind the mailers, figure they keep the post office running.

I’m just growing tired of the calls. I’d love to say I just don’t pick up the phone but I don’t have that luxury right now at this phase in life.

I just get at least two to three pieces of junk mail every day since we bought our place asking us to refinance.

Reactions: LeftyJason
Yes, and calls and emails about a house I sold several years ago. Really tempted to sell that one again…🤔

Now that I’m thinking about it, I’ve gotten these calls and emails about an appartment I rented. LOVE to sell that dump to someone.

I haven't yet. But if I do I hope they ask my price

Eleventy billion dollars

Reactions: diverdon
I entertain them with a short bit and then when they respond i say let me send you a pic of my info, and i send a pick of my squirrel brain. Seems to cut down on them. I only get 1-2 a week now.

• Haha
Reactions: RGStory
Rape whistle by the phone when you get a person on... they usually hang up. Heard this from a friend.... :ROFLMAO:

Or a long drawn out conversation with a bunch of stupid questions and then tell them they need to talk to your parents or something.

I hate robocalls, scammers, and realtors.

Gotten the little boilerplate cards in the mail but never a phone call.

IMG_4187.JPG

Works on car warranty calls as well.

R

Started last week.

I'm simply ecstatic that they speak fluent English.
So glad I can stop trying to learn Hindi. If I was retired, I'd be fluent by now.

A while back I posted a thread here about buying my first rental property. While in the process of renovating it I had a guy send me a letter saying he tried to buy a house in our neighborhood but didn’t get it. He liked the look of our house and said if you consider selling let me know. I called him, talked for a while and he came and walked through. He offered $XXk over inflated market value and I took it. Made out like a bandit, didn’t use a realtor just a lawyer buddy of mine. But I’m now living in a 3bd 1.5 bath town house with the poors and hate it. Once things settle back down I’ll buy another home. Walked away with almost 6 figures more than I paid a little over a year ago

A while back I posted a thread here about buying my first rental property. While in the process of renovating it I had a guy send me a letter saying he tried to buy a house in our neighborhood but didn’t get it. He liked the look of our house and said if you consider selling let me know. I called him, talked for a while and he came and walked through. He offered $XXk over inflated market value and I took it. Made out like a bandit, didn’t use a realtor just a lawyer buddy of mine. But I’m now living in a 3bd 1.5 bath town house with the poors and hate it. Once things settle back down I’ll buy another home. Walked away with almost 6 figures more than I paid a little over a year ago
Curious to hear your final numbers once you get a place.

My worries are:
-as you stated, living w the poors
-I’ll spend more on the next house
-I’ll spend the extra I made at the rental w the poors.

Reactions: 300zx_tt
Curious to hear your final numbers once you get a place.

My worries are:
-as you stated, living w the poors
-I’ll spend more on the next house
-I’ll spend the extra I made at the rental w the poors.
I took all of the interest I paid, plus closing costs and the purchase price added it up and I ended up with $93k in the bank.

Went from a $2,000/ month mortgage to $950 a month.
I would have spent 15-20k on rehab for the rental but since I was staying here I went a little extra on some stuff and spent 24k. So I’m into the rental for an extra 5-7 grand. There are definitely shitty people in the development but most are generally ok. I’m hoping to be out within 12-18 months or when my wife gets pregnant (I’m 30 with no kids). Only time will tell what kind of move I made. But I have the time to wait, and for $90k we thought it was worth a shot

My real estate agent has been on my ass about selling my house.

"Hey, the market is super hot. It's time to sell."
"Oh, really? What can you get for it."
"Sell it in a day at $xxx..."
"That's pretty good."
"Yeah, let's get the paperwork going."
"First, what can you get me, that is equivalent or better than what I am in, for that price or less?"
"Nothing."

I took all of the interest I paid, plus closing costs and the purchase price added it up and I ended up with $93k in the bank.

Went from a $2,000/ month mortgage to $950 a month.
I would have spent 15-20k on rehab for the rental but since I was staying here I went a little extra on some stuff and spent 24k. So I’m into the rental for an extra 5-7 grand. There are definitely shitty people in the development but most are generally ok. I’m hoping to be out within 12-18 months or when my wife gets pregnant (I’m 30 with no kids). Only time will tell what kind of move I made. But I have the time to wait, and for $90k we thought it was worth a shot

I hope the market shifts and you get a much better place.

So was this your rental property or your main house?

My real estate agent has been on my ass about selling my house.

"Hey, the market is super hot. It's time to sell."
"Oh, really? What can you get for it."
"Sell it in a day at $xxx..."
"That's pretty good."
"Yeah, let's get the paperwork going."
"First, what can you get me, that is equivalent or better than what I am in, for that price or less?"
"Nothing."
Everyone forgets the second half of that conversation.

I get them all the time...'We're interested in buying your property' - My response 'Which one'.

I've given them the 'I want $XXX' and then it's when can we meet you to look at the property. All my properties other then where I actually live are 40 to 60 miles away.

I think my next move is 'I want $XXX, As-Is, Where-Is'

Most of the calls lately sound like they are coming from Off-Shore call centers.

I open with, or press the number to speak to someone and say
This is Sgt Kennedy with the

*Click*

I very rarely get farther than that. If I don't open with that I like to open with
"This call is being traced and recorded."

*Click*

One time at work I was using a large hammer drill on a concrete floor. Ear pro loud. I put that bitch on speaker phone and set her dumb ass on the floor and proceeded to drill. That was the most satisfying hangup ever.

Yup, been getting both texts and calls...

I've noticed with the txts they are getting a bit more crafty adding my location...which is a neat little twist.

Hi, this is Robin and I'm a realtor in the xyz area...

Att call protect works pretty good. Just takes time to weed out the spam.

The trick is getting in both an appropriate "Do not call" notification and "go fuck a goat/camel/whatever" in before the click . . .

Ran into them twice in person a year or so ago. Had a house in Florida for sale after we had the renter move out after the lease was up.

Did some minor work and paint and listed it. Started getting everything from retarded realtors that didn't understand that I wasn't standing in the house 24/7 and why couldn't they just all unload from the car and come into the house at 10pm to people trying to tell me that Zillow says my house is worth less than I'm asking for it as a negotiation method. LOL

Ended up with 2 that came and looked that were apparently those 'we buy your house' tards. One right then and there asked if I was open to taking offers today. No retard, I totally listed the house to sell because I don't want any offers at all, ever. Offers me 80k lower than asking price.

I just laugh and say nothing.

He has this slimy smile on his face and is almost annoyed that I didn't thank him for his offer or something.

Then he s like...well, are we doing this or what? To which I say all that's happening is hes getting his poor people ass out of my house.

Couple days later I get a call from a local realtor representing one of these same type of people. She tries to bullshit me with starting with how shes local and has lived here for 30 years and how the market is really a buyers market and my pricing could be better. She has a client wanting to make an offer on what she thinks the market price is.

I already knew where this was going.

Me: So you've lived here 30 years and know all about the real estate pricing here, right?

Her: Yes I only do this area and I know what really sells and think we can make a sale if you were willing to lower your price quite a bit.

Me: I see, so where in town are you...Mira Bay (the only rich neighborhood in the town)?

Her: Well no, I live in (some part of town where shes lived for 30 years in a house you wouldnt look at twice)

Me: Well no shit you want a much lower price. You and your client are both fucking poor.

Sold it a week later for 15k more than what I was asking.

Ran into them twice in person a year or so ago. Had a house in Florida for sale after we had the renter move out after the lease was up.

Did some minor work and paint and listed it. Started getting everything from retarded realtors that didn't understand that I wasn't standing in the house 24/7 and why couldn't they just all unload from the car and come into the house at 10pm to people trying to tell me that Zillow says my house is worth less than I'm asking for it as a negotiation method. LOL

Ended up with 2 that came and looked that were apparently those 'we buy your house' tards. One right then and there asked if I was open to taking offers today. No retard, I totally listed the house to sell because I don't want any offers at all, ever. Offers me 80k lower than asking price.

I just laugh and say nothing.

He has this slimy smile on his face and is almost annoyed that I didn't thank him for his offer or something.

Then he s like...well, are we doing this or what? To which I say all that's happening is hes getting his poor people ass out of my house.

Couple days later I get a call from a local realtor representing one of these same type of people. She tries to bullshit me with starting with how shes local and has lived here for 30 years and how the market is really a buyers market and my pricing could be better. She has a client wanting to make an offer on what she thinks the market price is.

I already knew where this was going.

Me: So you've lived here 30 years and know all about the real estate pricing here, right?

Her: Yes I only do this area and I know what really sells and think we can make a sale if you were willing to lower your price quite a bit.

Me: I see, so where in town are you...Mira Bay (the only rich neighborhood in the town)?

Her: Well no, I live in (some part of town where shes lived for 30 years in a house you wouldnt look at twice)

Me: Well no shit you want a much lower price. You and your client are both fucking poor.

Sold it a week later for 15k more than what I was asking.

Lol.

“Get your poor people ass out of my house”

😂🤣😂🤣😂

When I sell, before anyone comes over, I’ll be sure to ask if they shoot a Savage rifle. 🤣😂

Or a long drawn out conversation with a bunch of stupid questions and then tell them they need to talk to your parents or something.

I hate robocalls, scammers, and realtors.

Yep. Pull a Tom Mabe on them.

The ones I get won't mention a dollar figure when asked. We have no interest in selling, but I occasionally screw with them and throw out a figure 50K higher than current value. That usually gets rid of them.

Still get calls on the house we sold eight months ago.

Reactions: DIBBS
Why yes I'm interested in selling. Yes I can meet you. Oh, my address is 1600 Pennsylvania ave. They call me Brandon.

I like 1313 Mocking Bird Lane in Mocking Bird Heights. (Let's see how many are old enough to remember).

I get calls, mail, and door hangers. I even had one company call my work number asking for me, that one shocked me.