• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone got a BL-C(2) recipe for M1A?

Gene Poole

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 24, 2011
Brighton, IL
I'm wanting to get into M1A shoots at my club and need a good load. I've had good luck in general with BL-C(2) in gas guns and with a few pounds on-hand thought this would be a good one for the M1A. I searched through the reloading depot forum and couldn't find much info on BL-C(2) for the M1A, so I worked up a a few loads in .2 gn increments and went to the range, but with iron sights and me out of practice on the M1A, it was pretty hard to tell signal from noise at the target. I could mount a scope and do an OCW or ladder, but I don't have a mount for the M1A so it would be a few more weeks befor I could get this all together. I figure someone has done a work-up for this combo that works well in the M1A. I did my tests with 147 FMJ and 175 SMKs, but I'm open to 168 SMKs or anything else that does well at 300M.