• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Anyone got a March Tactical Scope Yet???

scotharr

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 8, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ
Does anyone own a March 1-10 or 2.5-25 Tactical scope? Thoughts, opinions? Is it worth the cash? What is the actual weight? I'm looking for the "perfect" 40mmOBJ scope and hope this is the one.

Thanks!

Re: Anyone got a March Tactical Scope Yet???

given the scopes in the tactical market and having seen a couple of march scopes i don't think it is the "perfect" tactical scope. they are in the price range of uso, premier, s&b and given those options i would look in that direction. i also like specing stuff to my needs and extreme durability and simplicity sent me to a uso. imho

I just looked up a couple of the specs... 1/8moa clicks on some of them? No thanks. Sounds like they took a BR scope and wrote "tactical" on it.

The ones most here would be interested in, the 1-10X and 2.5-25X, have 1/4 MOA clicks. The knobs look to be pretty nice, low profile and large diameter 100 click per turn (25 MOA and I assume 10 Mil when .1 Mil are available) with an easy to set zero stop. I, for one, am looking forward to user reports with them.

I agree for the higher powered ones, not only the 1/8 clicks but also limited travel will limit there usefulness.

fwiw,
I'm going to give another one a whirl when they go Mil/Mil. Can't say the price or the five year warranty is appealing. Glass performance has wavered a bit from the two examples I have had in hand. One was on another level from anything on the market, including Schmidt Bender, and the other was Nightforce NXS material. Skip the glass debate and commentary and take that as an opinion of one guy who looks at more oculars than the Redhead Saleman...

Regards, Matt Garrett
757-581-6270

Btw, 5-20x50 PMII orders are going forward as soon as the updated Klein Reticle Specs are available...fwiw

Ian Kelby is the only guy I've seen use one in a tactical match. Don't really know how it worked out for him. Got friends that use them for benchrest and they love them (but we all know there is a BIG difference in the 2 uses). I am interested to see how their new tactical scope does. The mag range is impressive I guess.

Thanks for the info... I love my PH glass but not the scope going down every month or two. I would take a scope with no warranty if it would just work for 5 years.

I just ordered a Hensoldt figured I would give them a shot. I have looked into S&B a few times just worried about the illum knob as I am a lefty.

I have used the 5x-32x March in a few steel shots and for a lot of groundhog hunting out to 500 yards. I have never had a problem with my scope. I have shot thousands of rounds through the rifle and i adjust the elevation or windage just about every shot and the scope returns right back to zero.Theyare extremely repeatable in their tracking. The 1/8th MOA clicks spoken about are available on the higher power scopes, but they also offer 1/4 MOA clicks. The 5 year warranty should not be a problem in this deal, because they hold their product very highly and if it was due to their defect they will fix it for you. Do your rifles have warranties, do triggers, do stocks? No they don't, we rely on them to stand behind their product. It is the same with March.
We have faith in the product and feel that it is the best on the market. No other scope company has as many innovations in power ranges, or in adjustability in the market. To achieve a 10x magnification ratio and to still have 60 MOA (in the 8x-80x and 5x-50x) in elevation adjustment is amazing!

All the Tactical scopes have been .50 BMG tested for recoil, and forwards wasn't enough so we tried them backwards. They held up to a .50 cal with the objective facing the shooter! Once tested we put the scope back on a rail gun and shot a 10-shot benchrest group with no flyers or weird POI shift! I have never trusted a scope like i do my March, when i click it, it moves.

Any questions please contact me!

They start at $1820 and go up to $2750 depending on options.

Ian,

Now that they have a mill/mill version just get them to install a FFP and we might have a winner.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Usdmgtr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ian,

Now that they have a mill/mill version just get them to install a FFP and we might have a winner. </div></div>
It's debatable whether FFP is an advantage. I prefer SFP because the reticle doesn't get humongous. Said this before, but I think it will be tough to make a FFP scope with 10x mag range that does not make the reticle huge. SFP is fine by me.

Scope builders can make the reticle useable at what ever power range they want. They seam to want to make the reticle usable at very low powers and I don't see the need.

If March was to release a FFP version of the scope at 2.5 the reticle could just be a fuzzy crosshair. More details could be visible at hight magnifications.

Hard to beat FFP for changing environments and holdovers.

To my eye, the company that has the best FFP reticle proportion (usable at low mag and not too thick at high mag) is S&B's P4F.

I'm not sure how they do it, but the reticle is not too thin at 5X and not too thick at 25X. It's almost like magic.

I've got some ideas myself and if I win the lottery, I will get a reticle spec'd out.

I am placing the USO order with custom reticle this week
smile.gif

They have some FFP optics due out in Sept too.

If they do the 2.5-25X42 Mil/Mil in FFP with any halfway decent reticle I will jump on that.

I bought 2 of 2.5x25 versions, one is the tactical and the other is the hunting version. As far as I see the glass is very good and I am no expert at all, and I have not looked through the top 3 optics for very long so i cant make a fair comparison. But the 2 scopes I ahve compared them too are Meopta Meostar R1 4x16 and Zeiss Conquest 4.5x14 both tactical and the March easily blew them away on the detail I could see at the same power and distances, in that department there was no comparison to my eyes against those 2 scopes.
This weekend I will be shooting longrange and one of my buddies has a 4x16 Schmidt and Bender the Classic variable version and I will be comparing it against my March hunting version as I am curious to see if the glass is as good, and I will post my observations.
The reason I bought the march scopes is because it has so many good options for my uses, espicially hunting its very versatile.
Also the scope looks very well built and I think these guys will honour the warranty even if something happens after 5 years, but hope fully if something will happen it will happen sooner as I hunt in very cold weather and the coditions are pretty bad in Saskatchewan at the end of November.
So time will tell but from everything I've read I dont think I will be disappointed.
Elmer

Yeah, offering Mil/Mil was a big step in the right direction. I like their Mil reticle better than the MOA—it has solid posts which should make it easier to pick up and faster to use and only the center illuminates instead of the whole thing. .1 Mil click knobs with 10 Mils per turn, an easy to set zero stop, March’s reputation for glass quality, tracking accuracy, repeatability and durability…there’s lots to like. Just don’t make me look at the damn magnification ring before I can use the reticle for anything and it’s a winner.

I don't think they are shipping the SFP mil/mil version yet. I looked hard into it just cant give up my FFP now.

I have one of the March 10-60's I use for F TR Comp. I had Tactical knobs installed on it. With f'd up back have not beaten it up yet but have used a bunch. Damm great scope. Optics are top knotch, like looking through best spotting scope around. Repeats and tracks perfectly. Mine has .25 moa clicks because .125 is too fine for me.

Once I get my back settled down I plan on getting the smaller tactical scope.

You need to get these through Kelby's, which is great place. Dad and son are great to work with. Heck Son shot at F Class Nationals and had me cracking up all the time, which is hard when your back is telling you nothing is funny.

The only March scopes I've ever seen were what was on display at SHOT and despite my best wishes and the recommendations of others "for these eyes" the glass just wasn't worth even near the price point. I tried to like the March scopes but just couldn't. What is it with the wide variations in optics quality with the Japanese made scopes?
confused.gif

Scott, I first saw at 2008 Nationals and looked through five there. All where like mine or I would not have bought one. If you doubt the quality of mine call Darrel Buel, Team USA Captain. He has looked through mine.

As to price of scopes. I dont think a scope on the market is worth what they ask but the price is what they get.