• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone got Alldata or Mitchell for 2013 Ford

packratt

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2005
VA
2013 F350 4x4 dually 6.7L
If so could you check what the book time to replace the rear parking brake system, rear pads, and rotor.
Thanks.

Park Brake shoes show 3.8 for dual rear wheels. Since you have to take everything off to get to those shoes I would just bid it as that labor plus parts.

Last edited:
Was that for both sides?

Thought the stealership was full of shit.
I took the truck there because of the free oil change and inspection package I bought when I purchased the truck a year ago.

The truck was supposed to be inspected before sale and did receive the same state inspection it just got. They told me it needed everything from the backing plates out except for the brake calipers replaced due to rust. Never had a problem braking in the last 14000 miles including towing heavy. No driving in now or beach since I've had it.

I've driven hundreds of thousands of miles in trucks and turned a wrench on almost everything I've owned. I've never known a brake system to go bad that quickly.

Did some research on the parts with a Ford Dealership that has an online sales platform. According to their listed MSRP the stealership was going to charge me over list price. And rounding up to 4 hours they have a labor rate of $272/hr.

As soon as they gave me the estimate, I told them to slap a rejection sticker and took it to the mechanic I normally use when I don't have the time or feel like buying a tool I'll only use once. I'd rather give him the money. Haven't gotten the estimate yet and more than likely he'll tell me get the parts for him.

Was that for both sides?

I took the truck there because of the free oil change and inspection package I bought when I purchased the truck a year ago.

The truck was supposed to be inspected before sale and did receive the same state inspection it just got. They told me it needed everything from the backing plates out except for the brake calipers replaced due to rust. Never had a problem braking in the last 14000 miles including towing heavy. No driving in now or beach since I've had it.

I've driven hundreds of thousands of miles in trucks and turned a wrench on almost everything I've owned. I've never known a brake system to go bad that quickly.

Did some research on the parts with a Ford Dealership that has an online sales platform. According to their listed MSRP the stealership was going to charge me over list price. And rounding up to 4 hours they have a labor rate of $272/hr.

As soon as they gave me the estimate, I told them to slap a rejection sticker and took it to the mechanic I normally use when I don't have the time or feel like buying a tool I'll only use once. I'd rather give him the money. Haven't gotten the estimate yet and more than likely he'll tell me get the parts for him.

$272 an hour? Where in the hell is that at?

Reactions: 2ndamendfan
They quoted $1089 labor to replace everything in the rear brake system except the brake caliper.

• Wow
Reactions: 2ndamendfan
Yes that was for both sides. Holy fuck, we are around $120 an hr here. You must be in California or New York. San Francisco I would guess.

When California was $120 20 years ago we were barely 75 around here.

Was that for both sides?

Parking brake is totally seperate from service brake. You wouldn't have any normal braking issues. I live in the 2nd driest state so rust is actual pretty minimal compared to what I see from the humid areas of the country.

I'm in Virginia. $100 is closer to normal.

I had the truck to them twice in the first month I owned the truck, while under sales warranty,, because of parking brake light warning. Their mechanic couldn't find a problem.