• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone had any experience with these guys?

m1garand30064

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 17, 2009
Atlanta, GA
http://www.tacticalrifles.net/

I did a search and I did not see anything. Has anyone owned or shot a rifle from these guys? The info on their website on what components they are using is kinda sparse. I am looking into getting a custom rifle, and I am just curious what else is out there other than GA precision. Thanks!

Re: Anyone had any experience with these guys?

Thank you very much for that link. I was very suspicious when I read over there site and they would give very few specifics about their rifles. I was looking for something as simple as a twist rate and could find it nowhere. $3500 and you wont even give me a barrel manufacturer or a twist rate? You have got to be kidding me.

I had them build a custom before joining this site, and probably would have gone with GA precision otherwise.

Most who have commented on them here haven't been thrilled with them (and that's definitely says something), but I received outstanding customer service.

My rifle was just delivered last week. Haven't gotten a chance to shoot it yet. It took forever (a little over a year), but when it came it seems to be worth the wait. If it shoots as well as it looks I'll be psyched. I'm withholding final judgment until I get a chance to send rounds downrange.

Give them a call, they'll get more in depth and answer your questions...it's true, their website doesn't have a lot of detail in it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bernard Wolff</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thank you very much for that link. I was very suspicious when I read over there site and they would give very few specifics about their rifles. I was looking for something as simple as a twist rate and could find it nowhere. $3500 and you wont even give me a barrel manufacturer or a twist rate? You have got to be kidding me.</div></div>

for that kind of money I would contact Randy R@D precision
although he is slammed right now http://www.rdprecision.net/

Or GA precision http://www.gaprecision.net/

You may find the wait times VERY LOOOOONG, which is why some guys go with a stock remmy 700 and build it themselves.

Good luck!

former0302,

let us know how it shoots, i'm having one built by them. i hope i'm not getting screwed!

You never know what you will find on the internet. Former 0302 I find it hard to believe that you are a scoutsniper, an infantry major, and I do not know you. Which sniper school did you attend? Which units were you in? Also hard to believe that a guy from GA did not talk to http://www.americanprecisionarms.com/

Simmer down killer. Never claimed to be a scoutsniper. I'm just a guy who likes to shoot guns, and joined this site because it's interesting. I was in 2nd LAR Bn and deployed with 1/8. Not from GA, I'm from Maryland...satisfied?

Not sure why some folks on here are so quick to pricks.

What the heck? How did this thread start attacking Former's credibility.

Forty-one, what is the basis of your knowledge, and why is it relevant to this thread?

Well, back to the issue at hand. Bernard, I have not heard much about the above mentioned outfit; however, if you are looking for GAP alternatives, I would recommend Surgeon (they build rifles too). I am not discounting the others, I just do not have experience with them. Also, you may want to check this out: http://www.6mmbr.com/gunsmiths.html
Some of the builders on this site specialize in benchrest stuff, but others do both. There is a lot of good information on that site as well.

Nevertheless, I think you should stick with GAP.

.....Me thinks someone mixed up 0302 with 0203. Maybe just a liitle to quick on that internet trigger....

....And now back to our regularly scheduled program. As it happens, there is a Tactical Rifles 308 at our local range. I don't know the guy, and didn't know the company until we compared notes a couple of weeks ago. I can tell you he shoots some nice equipment and he shoots fairly well. He bought the rifle from a dealer down close to Tactical's home (maybe off Gun Broker). He seemed happy with it. I wasn't looking at the group sizes.

I had a Remington 700 built up by Tactical Rifles and it was a tac driver. I was very pleased with their build and their service. The website does not say much but if you give them a call and talk to them about your build they will go through everything with you.

In Georgia and want a rifle built? I would go to American Precision Arms, they are just up the highway from Atlanta. Jered and crew are second to none.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: former0302</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not sure why some folks on here are so quick to pricks. </div></div>
I'm quad-polar, based on days in the week, the amount of sunshine allowed onto my face, phases of the moon, and general mean attributes of other drivers trying to go home in the evenings. The guy on the night shift is even meaner, but I just see him in passing when I leave. It seems that he jabbed and you countered. The fight is over. Ever know a guy named Sparky?

I should mention too that he doesn't like officers much. They always try to mix with the crowd until someone says "working party" or "lets get this ammo off the trucks..."

Fair enough...you know Marines...they get touchy & bent outta shape when it comes to folks questionning their integrity.

"Sparky" wouldn't be GySgt Cargile would it?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Forty-One</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: former0302</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not sure why some folks on here are so quick to pricks. </div></div>
I'm quad-polar, based on days in the week, the amount of sunshine allowed onto my face, phases of the moon, and general mean attributes of other drivers trying to go home in the evenings. The guy on the night shift is even meaner, but I just see him in passing when I leave. It seems that he jabbed and you countered. The fight is over. </div></div>

What "fight"? You insulted a Marine you don't know, and haven't apologized for it.

Nate:

This 'fight' is 'tween two jarheads...

let em sort it out...
seems they've found their level... some wouldn't understand our style... but the few would... laffin'

no reason to poke at the fire or stir the pot...

Sparky as in an older CO. I must be getting old. Cargile is a gunner now and a SASS pusher (sadly).

Wil. Thanks. From here I am on my own.
----------------------------------------------------------------

NATE HALER is the pseudonym of a young gay man.

The internet is not a good place for me to question what GAY NATE HALER believes in. I sent his IP information to 9 female friends this afternoon and they all emailed me back: sissy. One said his Facebook page reads like Elton John with a rifle picture. Another called him Rachel Ray.

GAY NATE HALER may look for me to apologize for something but I will not. GAY NATE HALER may ask me questions but I will not answer. GAY NATE HALER may abortionize the name of Nathan Hale, but I will still visit the site of his hanging in Manhattan each winter with my cousins.

Visit every gun forum and site, GAY NATE HALER, but you remain a wannabe. I have seen your wannabe postings all over the internet for the past few years. SISSY NATE HALER I will refer to you from now on because people do not like accusations.

I am an internet toughguy and I approved this message.

Ill relay the experience I had with them. they do have great customer service within a day of requesting info they were all ready calling me trying to help. I spoke with them a couple times on the phone and through email. I asked about using a custom action and there response was why use an expensive custom action when they can do the same with a 700 action. That kinda left a bad taste in my mouth. I understand .5 moa is a .5 moa from either a 700 or any of the great custom actions. from reading here over the years I have learned there is a difference.

you see some really wierd mating rituals on this site

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Kick-Ass</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you see some really wierd mating rituals on this site </div></div>

LMAO! Can you feel the Bro-mance??

CKA and Will. Contact him if you believe in bromance. I am against this. My impression is that he likes the two of you already. He is GAY NATE HALER, aka Billy, and CKA is desperate, and Will has no chance of any action in the foreseeable future. As stated, I sent his IP to my friends, US Marine and grad school, and all of them came back with serious words.

On five other gunning websites that I belong to GAY NATE HALER belongs to as well and everyone that contacts me says that he emails them as GAY SANFRansISCO BILLY and that he claims small knowledge of this or that rifle and small part but he has never been anywhere or done anything that involves a weapon or competing with one.

I want to start making posts about rifle parts but I don't care. I call people that are experts and they tell me the answer. Use the Mk11 to blow the plexiglass and the HK416s to blow the pirates. There are a few here that have the President's 100 badge. I simply write them if I want to improve. I do not claim to be an expert; I claim to seek them out. I do not need to post on multiple gunsites as GAY NATE HALER from San Francisco to represent myself. This is not to say that I am a bigot. This is to say that GAY NATE HALER is no one that I want to associate with.

GAY NATE HALER is not a sniper or serious hunter or shooter.

Have your fun, but when he tries to slap me with his manicured hands in the future, I am going to send GAY NATE HALER AKA BILLY the contact points for CKA and Will. CKA would just be happy that someone showed interest, and Will is going to become desperate.

"Hallo, this is nayte hayler....I am selling a rifle...my real name is Billy"

(Bitch. Its not fair but I have accessed more about you than you would want to know. It is comical, and small on my part, to see that you are not even worthy of a comment here, but I have provided some. This is why I use a word I do not use often for a man GAY NATE HALER AKA BILLY).

Stay in your lane BITCH.

Alright...I officially confused as hell. Forty-One, are you now calling me GAY NATE HATER? Sorry...but my name is Jon Farley. Dude, you should get on some medication...seriously.

Bernard Wolf...sorry this thread got highjacked. I really did just respond to say that I just received a Tactical Rifles build and my experiences with them as a vendor.

I'll post pics of the rifle and how it shoots as soon as I can get out to the range...which might be a while with 3 kids under 5 and two working parents...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: koolnhard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I used the search function and found this:
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=814806&page=1

I wouldnt use them. </div></div>

Is there anywhere in the linked thread where the name of the builder is given?
A name is given in speculation, I see, but nothing definite.

Hello Wolff,

I am relatively new to longer range shooting but have experience with handguns, bolt guns and handloading. After seeing the trainer thread and having missed out on the opportunity to get in on the group buy I made a call to Jered Joplin at APA in Jefferson GA.

In addition to Jered being open and honest, everything I saw was notable in every way. I am an engineer involved in manufacturing who likes to see it, smell it, taste it and touch it to be certain of the next step. As a result of my visit I am planning on going to see Jered this week and iron out the details on the trainer and M40 builds I am interested in.

If you are near the metro area you are probably not more than 1.5 hours from APA and do not believe you can go wrong.

I have a .308 rifle built by Tactical Rifles. It is a nice rifle so far. Fit and finish are good, but more inportantly it shoots well. I have only shot at 200 and 300 yards with it, but at 200 yards it shoots between 1/2 and 3/4 inch 5 shot groups when I do my part. The action is very smooth, triger is 2.5 pounds, no creep, short pull, crisp let off. I got an M40A1 type, I say type because it differs in a few ways. Has a big bolt knob,a detacable 5 round mag, and wears a leupold Mk 4 with M1 target knobs.

My only complaint was the wait time was a bit longer than quoted. 7-9 monts for quote and took 11 months.

The rifle alone did not cost 3,500, but with scope came out a little over 4,000 if I remember right.

I think if I were buying another rifle right now I would get an AE or AW.

Not sure if I would use them again or not at this point, heard alot here that is not positive, either I was lucky or they are not so bad.