• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone hands on ref these Rifles

hidta107

Private
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2006
tucson
Im looking at a Howa 308 heavy barrel and a Steyr 308 bolt action single trigger.I know they want 1495 it has 200 rds through it,also included are scope rings

Re: Anyone hands on ref these Rifles

I had a Howa and it was an absolute tack driver. Haven't had any experience with the Steyr though.

I have had a Steyr SBS tactical and currently have a Steyr SSG-04, love them both.

Steyrs will ALL be accurate if they are of the SSG or "SBS Tactical" persuasion. Don't know about their "hunters". From what I've seen Howa's can be hit of miss and are generally A LOT cheaper. FWIW...

A shooting buddy of mine who works for DHS-ICE has the Steyr SSG. It's a very, very nice piece of kit. I haven't shot it, but we've shot together and as best I can tell, it's dead nuts accurate. Now if I could convince him to get rid of the Tasco scope... There should be a law...

Cheers,

Sirhr