• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone have a BULA M14 rifle ?

Bungi

Private
Minuteman
Mar 31, 2012
It looks to me like "BULA" makes a fine M14.

Does anyone here own one?

Shoot one?

What do you think?

Reactions: Calfed
Having shot a truck load of the things from pretty much anyone who's made one I have to admit not being a fan of the design.
Yes they are *usually* pretty reliable but the things are just not as accurate as I'd like and are weighty beasts especially with a full mag.
If you are just having to have a M1A/M14 design rifle I would look at Fulton Armory or Smith Enterprises....YMMV

Find an older used Springfield IMHO.

2150 for a basic bula fuck that noise. You can find a good used NM springfield for a lot less.

I spent several years down the M14 rabbit hole. Now that I am in a free state I'll get an AR10 or FN FAL if I have the 308 itch.

The free state issue is part of the reason for my inquiry.

The free state issue is part of the reason for my inquiry.

Well I had a loaded springfield, the barrel lasted about 6000 rounds and then accuracy went to shit and the bolt lug broke. So I had it rebarreled and a new bolt added, plus a mcmillan stock (fiberglass bedded unitized gas etc). After all that it was 1MOA for 20 rounds with handloads. Sold it for 2000, kinda regret it but I certainly got my use out of it. YMMV but I would get a used springfield standard and just be happy with it.

Go over to M14forum and see what they think of Bula rifles. It seems that there is a significant QC issue. The parts are great according to them but completed rifle are hit and miss.

They are a nice little outfit. I really liked my saco lowell barrel.

Go over to M14forum and see what they think of Bula rifles. It seems that there is a significant QC issue. The parts are great according to them but completed rifle are hit and miss.

Last time I was on M14forum there was a guy with a bula that was rusted right out of the box and the action wouldn't cycle lol.

There has been more of mechanical issues of late, some were evident and shouldn’t have left the factory. The good of it is they will make it right but who wants to buy a $2300 rifle only to have to send it back multiple times before it functions? I was very close to buying one until I keep reading the threads from new people having issues right out of the box.

Last edited: