• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Anyone have a Bushnell LRTS and NF ATACR 4-16X42 Side by side to compare?

S12A

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2009
Australia
Hello,

I am after a hands on comparison between the above mentioned optics,

Intended use is on a .308 for mostly competition (not PRS) and shooting steel,

I currently have a S&B 5-25 on my rifle, and i understand either will be some type of step down, but I am afterinformed opinions on these 2 particular scopes,

This:

VS:

Would be looking at the Mil XT in the NF, Price difference is fairly large between to 2 optics, I have a LRHS and find it punches well above its price point, hence the consideration.

Thanks for any input.

Attachments

• 46471931_955489907972397_8160541276622553088_o.jpg
    46471931_955489907972397_8160541276622553088_o.jpg
    578.6 KB · Views: 24
I have both.

The Nightforce is by far my favorite. The Bushnell glass gets dim in low light, but the nightforce glass is great in low light.

They both track perfect. I like the zero locking turret on the nightforce.

The nightforce is much easier to get a clear edge to edge picture.

The Nightforce paralax is much more forgiving. I can pretty much set it at 150 and the image will be in focus with minimal paralax error from 200 yards to 800 yards. The nightforce paralax number are way off, but it is so forgiving it doesn't really matter. The Bushnell paralax numbers are accurate, but you need to play with it a little more to stay in focus at different ranges.

The Bushnell is a great scope. I would recommend it to someone on a budget that couldn't afford a $2000 scope. If you can afford the nightforce, it is a much better scope.

Reactions: S12A
Where are you finding the ATACR for 2k? The best deal I have found (new) would be Eurooptics 2500$ and they pay taxes deal.

Where I am the LRTS is 1700 the ATACR is 3500 , so double the price essentially.

NSX and lrts. Eye box tougher on the bushnell. Biggest gripe. G3 is ok. For not action shooting the lrts is great. Action, NSX works for me better.

Reactions: S12A
I’ve had both and still have the ATACR. The Bushy is a good scope for the investment you make, but I’ll echo the sentiments above about the glass. The biggest difference I saw was ability to cut through mirage in the hot Texas summers, the NF is just in a different league when you put them side by side.