• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone have a Core30 Tac LR?

http://www.core15rifles.com/images/thumbnails/1/800/800/TAC-LR.jpg
Complete CORE15 Rifles -

Saw one locally yesterday. Pretty slick rig. Has a 3Gun look to it.
With all the quality parts used it should shoot well. There's no mention of who makes the barrel.
I'm curious if anyone here has one and has a range report.
Thanks for any responses.

Handled a few of them, but haven't shot one yet. Might have an opportunity to do so in the next week or two, and if so I'll let you know...

I have a Core15 and it's an excellent rifle. A friend in Florida has the Core30 and it's his favorite semi auto. He got rid of his other 7.62 rifles because it shoots so good and wants another one. Not sure how tight the groups are but they must be pretty damned good for him to want two of them.

Bumpin it up hoping for a range report. We got a few in at work and I was wondering if anyone had shot them as I really want to buy one.

Also does anyone know who makes their barrels?

I dunno. I like the Core 15's (have shot several in my shop), but for the price of the Core 30 TAC LR I'd rather go GAP10. Especially not knowing who makes the barrels. IMO.

I picked up one of the first four out the door and tried to break it for some feedback on its overall operation. Came as a 16" 1:10 stainless with the tac pack, they also used Montana blanks as well. So far the round count is at about 650 or so. The gun likes 168 and 175 grain, but shoots other ammo pretty well. It loved wolf, which is funny to me. The first 400 or so rounds were for function and cqb type drills. Gun functioned very well with only a few failures more related to ammo then anything else. Once I started putting the cans on her she had a few hiccups. This was easily fixed as an extractor issue. All in all I think they did it right and for the money I believe it's an excellent deal. The charging handle is great. I also am fond of the lowers profile. I like my sr25 and still feel that it's a great rifle, but with an obi barrel it's tough to beat on paper. Accuracy when compared to armalite, sig, and the Kac is par for a 16" barrel. Inside 600 meters its great for shooting 8" steel. As with any semi ar it is what it is. There are a few add ons that would help it out, such as a adjustable gas block or a detent for suppressed use. Maybe an ambi bolt release since they are made in house. A little fine tuning on the buffer end would help out as well. Customer service has been excellent as always. The people at Core strive to make the best possible product for the price and stick to their no BS warrantee, which is good to see. They are learning through customer feedback and r&d and are developing into a fine manufacturer of rifle systems. Once the rain calms down and my mount comes in I'm gonna switch out the leupold 1:8 to a 6.5-20 to run it on some paper at 500 to 1k to check groups with some reloads. Give me a week or so and I'll throw up some updates with pics for the visually challenged. If anyone has questions send me a pm, I'd be glad to help.

Jesse James

I had a bit of a different experience. I have a Core30 TAC LR. I bought it brand new, and had problems from the start with failure to eject (FTE) and accuracy. It appears I got one of the first batch of rifles built with an in-house barrel. Manny in customer service was nice about the whole thing, but it still took 3.5 months for them to send me back my rifle with a barrel that shoots. I sure don't appreciate being forced into a barrel beta testing program. A better manufacturer would have worked out the bugs and the accuracy before shipping any rifles with in-house barrels. I'm still having FTE issues, but i think it's over gassed because I've also broken a bolt catch. My plan is to put an adjustable gas block on from SLR and see if i can get the thing to run reliably.

PS: I attempted to replace the bolt catch with the second generation DPMS LR-308 catch, and found that it hit the upper receiver in a way that kept it from going up far enough to catch the bolt. I will need to do some Dremel work to make it fit better, but in the mean time i have a standard AR15 bolt catch in there (not recommended)