• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Anyone have a FDE USO?

Tactical30

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
May 5, 2009
Eastern Ohio
Im going to have a .300WM built by Warner Tool and all the metal is going to be Birdsong FDE on an A-5.

I know USO will pretty much make whatever you want but I was wondering if any of you had one with pics you could share.

Thanks.

Re: Anyone have a FDE USO?

Mines more of a Coyote tan, but pretty close... Middle

DSC_0679.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Witch Doctor</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey J,

The little USO Seal on the ereks is snazzy. </div></div>

I like it too, I like the one on the tan one b/c it doesn't stand out so much since it matches the scope color.

Had these made for mine USO and a friend's SH edition USO...
laugh.gif

USOCaps003.jpg

Sorry to digress, to the OP, not sure how the Ceracoat FDE would match up to the Birdsong one. You might want to post the question to USO or your smith on that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mines more of a Coyote tan, but pretty close... Middle</div></div>

I have objective envy......
smirk.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: longrange30</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im going to have a .300WM built by Warner Tool and all the metal is going to be Birdsong FDE on an A-5.

I know USO will pretty much make whatever you want but I was wondering if any of you had one with pics you could share.

Thanks. </div></div>

Just send your scope, or have USO send your scope parts to Birdsong to have them coated.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Witch Doctor</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not to hijack this poor guys thread, but SoCalPete, that is pretty cool, might I inquire how you had them made.</div></div>

Call USO, they will custom engrave your scope caps. I've seen them doing custom elevation knobs on thier laser etching machine. It was intresting to see.

Phylodog, sick camo on your stick....who did that? Well Done.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phylodog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">FDE Cerakote on the barreled action & USO

IMG_4040.jpg
</div></div>

Sorry, went out to dinner but I thought someone would chime in on the EREK caps...

I was going to USO to pick something up, told Jeff what I saw about the caps, told him what I'd like on the caps, and he did it in 5 minutes after sending the file to the laser etching machine. I believe he was charging $5 each but don't quote me on that, memory tends to get fuzzy whenever I step into and out of the USO shop...
laugh.gif

You can also email Jeff or Arnold at the shop and just ask them about it; they'll set you up. They have quite a few designs saved already but if you require something custom just ask to see if it can be done.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mines more of a Coyote tan, but pretty close... Middle

DSC_0679.jpg
</div></div>

What color do you call the Darker brown colored one?

Im lookiing for a darker color. Tan is a little to light but that darker one almost hits the spot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: On Any Sunday</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>

I coated it myself, thanks for the kind words

I may be wrong but, I belive that is the Factory USO OD Green Type III anodizing not dark brown....JRose??? Chime in.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: longrange30</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mines more of a Coyote tan, but pretty close... Middle

DSC_0679.jpg
</div></div>

Im lookiing for a darker color. Tan is a little to light but that darker one almost hits the spot. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: On Any Sunday</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phylodog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">FDE Cerakote on the barreled action & USO

IMG_4040.jpg
</div></div> </div></div>

Just a guess, but probably did it himself...

http://www.stippledgrip.com/

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gafferq2xl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I may be wrong but, I belive that is the Factory USO OD Green Type III anodizing not dark brown....JRose??? Chime in.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: longrange30</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mines more of a Coyote tan, but pretty close... Middle

DSC_0679.jpg
</div></div>

Im lookiing for a darker color. Tan is a little to light but that darker one almost hits the spot. </div></div> </div></div>

Yah that looks like my USO anodized od green scope as well.

This is coyote tan cerakote like you see in the top picture.
Picture018.jpg

After a few years of use it has turned somewhat brown. Same rifle in both pics
misc117.jpg

Yeah, it's ano OD green. The other one is duracoat OD green, the middle is cerakote tan

the logo on the Erik cap is pretty sweet, I just might have to take my cap with me when I go visit the shop later this week and see if they'll do it for me.

Give Jeff a heads up before you go in so he can either tell you yes or no while you wait.