• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone have a Kel-Tec RFB?

LFOD1776

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 20, 2006
Austin, TX
I've been keeping FAL magazines in anticipation of getting one of these some day, and now I've noticed that they have been "in the wild" since March. Does anyone have one, or has anyone here handled one, who could provide an unbiased review?

My experience with other Kel-Tec products has been that they are interesting ideas, but not so well executed -- at least, not in the fit and finish department.

Yes. I do.

I like it a lot. Mine is a gen2 so it seems to run really well and hasnt given me any problems to date.
C0688E9C-DAFE-4E46-BA04-4ACCDB53A4E3-1004-00000176CFCA2CA2_zps8958495c.jpg

Haven't shot one, but met two of the guys from Kel-Tec's shooting team at a 3 gun match a while back and one was shooting a RFB. Had an aimpoint on it and was making hits on 8 inch steel plates at 200 yds. Never saw him have a malfuntion. The little bit that I handled it, it seemed like a solid gun. Would love to have one as a patrol rifle, but limited to 223's.

Mods might move this one to the semi-auto section,

I have held one, a bit heavy... What is the empty weight?

I have held one, a bit heavy... What is the empty weight?

It's about 8 lbs before you add sights/scope etc. Mine is about 10 lbs now with the added items, though the balance is such that the weight is negligible. Besides, with a .308, the extra weight is great for keeping it in check.

The PWS FSC-30 is a brilliant compensator and has all but eliminated the kick and muzzle rise. It definitely expels and redirects the gasses back towards the shooter. I was firing my RFB at a local indoor range and with the cheap ammo I was using it was really noticeable.