• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone have a Pact XP?

flagg888

Private
Minuteman
Apr 26, 2008
East Northport, NY
I have a Pact XP chrono and it works great.
The problem I have right now is that I tried to use the connect to PC function and I cant get it to work.
Any suggestions from anyone who has one?
The instructions are non existent for the PC function and when I open the downloaded software, I do what it says and I just wait and eventually get a weird message on the screen and then it defaults back to "fire when ready"
I called Pact today and no one answered the 800 number twice.

Would appreciate any suggestions.

Re: Anyone have a Pact XP?

Pact, IMHO, is not exactly taking an overly-diligent approach to customer service.

1. You have the XP PRO, right? AFIK, that's one of only two with the PC interface.

2. If not the XP PRO chrono, then do you have the Mark IV XP Timer and Chronograph? That's the other one--you're supposed to be able to download chrono strings to a PC.

I mistakenly bought a used XP timer-chrono that was the older model, and the puke who sold it to me did not bother to say that the buzzer was kaput. Sent it back to PACT for repairs, done just fine, but they had NO way to upgrade it to the PC download function. Said the board in the older unit would not allow it.

Not at all like RCBS, who, for example, completely rebuilt a Green Machine for my Dad when he just wanted it converted from .38 Special to 9mm, and threw in a bunch of spare parts.

Not even an offer to upgrade it to the PC interface model for an extra $25. Knowing what I know about the prices of PC boards, they would have made a profit off of that arrangement.

PACT is also making no attempt to resurrect a machine language IR interface printer for their older chronos. We are left trying to scrounge up rare and severely overpriced HP thermal printers at a minimum price of $125 a pop. The technology is so old, it should be possible to put them together for a retail price of $40.

I bought a Pact XP and other products because they are local. Guess what? They don't take local business. Can't go by and drop shit off. Can't do shit. Gotta mail everything. Irritating.

I'm able to pull data into my PC with no issues.

Go to PACT's website and download their shot browser app:
http://www.pact.com/downloads/ShotBrowser.zip

After everything is connected, power on the unit and press MENU then choose OPTION #4 for PC Interface.

All it will pull down is the string number, shot number and the velocity though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nbkky71</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Go to PACT's website and download their shot browser app:
http://www.pact.com/downloads/ShotBrowser.zip

After everything is connected, power on the unit and press MENU then choose OPTION #4 for PC Interface.</div></div>

I"ve done all that and then after maybe two minutes I get this message.
"critical error soft reboot"

And then it goes back to "fire when ready"

I had one and had a lot of problems getting it to read my shots! I tried everything that they told me to do! Sold the F'n Thing on Ebay and got a CED M2.

Would not buy anything else except for a Olher 35 if you could find one that did cost $800 + now!

Terry