• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone have a PTR-91 PDW Pistol?

Wolvenhaven

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
I've been wanting to get an SBR, and I love the G3 design, so I figured this would be a good candidate to buy and then form4 it to an SBR.

My question is, does anyone have one and do you like it? I've read conflicting reports about reliability as well as some confusing information on maybe/sorta/kinda needing to modify the recoil rod on the stock to get it to fit once you do get the stamp to do it.

I think it would be a great rifle, and I could use .308 brass I no longer want to reload for my bolt-gun in it, and then toss the brass after it eats it(Love the roller blowback system, hate that it 'D's the brass neck).

Re: Anyone have a PTR-91 PDW Pistol?

Consult the braintrust on HKPRO.com. There are a BUNCH of folks over there that have experience with the HK51-type setups, including folks that have done the conversion from PTR and Vector pistols to full-out HK51 builts. I can tell you from first-hand experience shooting an HK91 to HK51 conversion done by IGF that they are fire-breathing little b@st@rds and they are absolutely FUN AS HELL to shoot (especially if you have the funds to acquire a sear pack so you can legally run F/A).

Again, HKPRO is where you need to be. Tons of good information on the necessary modifications required to get the 51-type setups to run reliably.

Re: Anyone have a PTR-91 PDW Pistol?

Fun for a minute, then rather impractical.
Then again, it'd make a helluva truck gun.