• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Anyone have a shot out NON tapered barrel sitting around collecting dust?

300sniper

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 17, 2005
Greenwood, Ca
I need a non tapered barrel, any diameter 1.2" or greater, any caliber, any condition (well, not bent!) and any length over 12". I'm making a tool for something unrelated and i don't feel like poking a small hole 12" deep nor wanting to pay for somone to gun drill it. Any plumbers here have this pipe sitting around and want to sell it? If you have two, I'd be interested.

I may have a section of .224 blank. I think it's 8-10". Would that work? If it does give me a couple days to look for it.

You should check out the green mountain gunsmith blanks. You would be hard pressed to even find 1.25" OD x 25" steel, let alone gun drilled and rifled for the $50 they charge.

300 Blackout Gunsmith Edition Raw Blank 25" x 1.25 - Green Mountain Rifle Barrel Co.

On a side note, I have built quite a few light weight bolt action .300 blackouts from these and they shoot great!

That may be the way to go unless someone has one sitting around. I'd rather use stainless but that will certainly work. And you are correct about the price. I can get 4140HT for cheaper than that but no way gun drilled. Thanks for the link.

I have a reject blank that's been drilled but not contoured. I could lop off a section for ya if that will work. All I ask is you pay shipping. If so p m me.