• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Anyone have a Skycrane 2?

squirrelsnpr

Private
Minuteman
Sep 25, 2009
Oakdale, CA
Anyone using this pack? If so I'd like to hear your opinion about it. Looking for a do it all pack. Seems to look like it would do just about anything I ask. But can't find a review.

Re: Anyone have a Skycrane 2?

Yes, I have one. I've only had it for a short time, but I've already used it for a couple of LRPS matches...I like it a lot as I think it offers a lot of flexability to tailor your pack to your mission(s). I just use the Little Brother with the Weapons Carrier for matches and find it works well for me. It's not the cheapest in up front cost, but if you figure the cost of buying several different mission specific packs I think you will see you will come out ahead in the long run. Plus, you can reconfigure this pack on the fly to meet a change in mission. For example, you can go from having a pack to carry heavy loads, to a smaller 3-day type pack, or just take the fanny pack, or add the A4SS Weapon Carrier to either the full Skycrane or to just the Little Brother. I was all set to order a G4 Operator until I looked at the Skycrane. It's a real sweet pack! Send me a PM if you have any specific questions. Highly recommend you give Ceylon (a SH member) a call or an email when you get ready to purchase as he is great to work with and gives SH members a killer deal that can't be beat! Best of luck!

Also, here is a link for one review I found during my search... http://www.itstactical.com/gear/carry-ev...kycrane-ii-pack

Re: Anyone have a Skycrane 2?

borrowed it for a week from the only german distributor of eberlestock.

i'd split it into two parts: outer pack and the attachable inner one. additional - rifle pack, but i guess i won't have to talk about that.

the outer pack is great, has its own frame, tons of space and the pockets on the enveloping part are good enough for everything that you'll need. sadly, you can not fully close the outer-pack. you have overlapping/tied sides+top/bottom. but i would not bet that you don't loose something that you simply throw in. however - if you have something large to carry its the pack to go with.

inner pack is nice. not too large, not too small. can be attached ot the outer one with zippers. however - when you only take the inner pack and use the shoulder straps from the outer one (can be detached and then attached to whatever pack you want), the zipper to the outer pack will remain on the outside - looks a bit strange. the inner pack has no frame.

the rifle compartment can be added to either of the two packs.

-----

summary: the one big fat 'do it all'. after looking at the other packs, though. i went for the gunslinger 2. more than enough space for 3 days including everything that i really need. the skycrane2 can handle more, but sometimes to have room for more doesn't mean you should really carry it with you
smile.gif