• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Anyone have any experience with Harrison Precision

Re: Anyone have any experience with Harrison Precision

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: razor100</div><div class="ubbcode-body">looking to rebuild my 1911 any info would be great</div></div> A good buddy has a full custom from him, and another that's almost done being built.

LAV recommends him as 1 of the only 3 smiths to go to...what do you want to know?

I've seen some of John's 1911's at the SHOT Show and his work is first class. He's also a heck of a nice guy. I'm not sure what his back log is but I'm sure its worth the wait.
Take care, Mike.

John did some mild mods on one of my pre-Series-2 Kimbers. I found him to be very professional and excellent with his communications during the whole process. As Jim D stated above, this was after Vickers recommended him. I wouldn't hesitate to use him again.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jim D</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: razor100</div><div class="ubbcode-body">looking to rebuild my 1911 any info would be great</div></div> A good buddy has a full custom from him, and another that's almost done being built.

LAV recommends him as 1 of the only 3 smiths to go to...what do you want to know? </div></div>

Who are the other two? I can't wait to hear this one.

John is a FANTASTIC M1911A1 gunsmith. I've been very pleased with the work he's done on my .45s.

He does things right.

he is one of the best 1911 smiths in the country bar none, you will not be dissapointed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gpo1956</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jim D</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: razor100</div><div class="ubbcode-body">looking to rebuild my 1911 any info would be great</div></div> A good buddy has a full custom from him, and another that's almost done being built.

LAV recommends him as 1 of the only 3 smiths to go to...what do you want to know? </div></div>

Who are the other two? I can't wait to hear this one.</div></div>
Jim Garthwaite and Jason Burton.

He does great work, and is completely devoid of ego. I would use him for anythng you need done.