• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Anyone have any experience with the Vortex Diamondback Tactical FFP Riflescope 6-24x50 MRAD DBK-10029

want2learn

Private
Minuteman
Sep 7, 2013
I just saw the Vortex Diamondback Tactical FFP Riflescope 6-24x50 MRAD DBK-10029 listed for sale on several sites. It seems to run apx $399.

Seems to be a good value for those of us on a budget.

Wondering if anyone had any experience with this model? Is the quality similar to the midlevel Athlon or Bushnell rifle scopes for example?

Thanks

check the other 2 or 3 threads on it. but i doubt you'll find many reviews here. it's new and super low budget. probably gonna be more of a .22LR scope if anything

I had one on an AR-10 and then switched it over to the savage TRR .22 as a cheap trainer that still has functionality of my higher end scopes—very impressed with it.

I’ll have one in hand, mounted and tested by next Sunday. Friend of mine does warranty repair at vortex and says it’s damn close to a gen 2 pst without illumination.

The lack of a zero stop kept me from picking up one to mess around with. Haven’t heard any definitive reviews in it anywhere yet.

Be nice to have one for a .22 a PST for a .223 and a Razor for long range guns all with the same reticle. Wish other manufacturers would do this too.

I agree, not trying to cut down any other glass mfg. But i can testify that about athlon optics scopes, wish they were in bizz 25 yrs. Ago...
I personally own 17 of them and never have i had to send it back or any of them for that matter. I call customer service on occasion with questions and they are very egar to help and they know there stuff. Hope that helps.

I got one Friday. Put it on my 308. I like it for the price and it's an upgrade from my crossfire 2. But I will say this, I do plan to upgrade in spring to the gen 2 viper. But this will go on my AR.

I just got back from a couple hundred rounds at the range with the scope. It’s a great little scope for the money and the glass is clear at 22lr distances. The big selling point for me was the FFP and the same reticle as a couple other scopes I have.