• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Training Courses Anyone have any intel on this NH trainer…..

pmclaine

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Nov 6, 2011
    MA
    Friend sent me this….

Seems like he is pitching a niche.

Name of the training first caught me for its FBI alerting implications but it’s a double entendre…….the owners last name is Rune.

Anyone have any knowledge?

Seems legit. Some reviews of his courses online.

Friend sent me this….

Name of the training first caught me for its FBI alerting implications but it’s a double entendre…….the owners last name is Rune.

I have seen where Baer hosts classes with them....

Reactions: pmclaine
    Friend sent me this….

I always ask myself this when thinking about who to pay for training: would I be embarrassed or concerned if the people I trained with were the subject of discovery in a trial?

I always ask myself this when thinking about who to pay for training: would I be embarrassed or concerned if the people I trained with were the subject of discovery in a trial?
    Hate that things are being taken away from us because……..”scary association”…..when often that association doesn’t exist.

But,

In the current climate this kind of strikes me as bait.

My apologies to the trainer for thinking that and I’m part of the problem for thinking it.

Hate that things are being taken away from us because……..”scary association”…..when often that association doesn’t exist.

But,

In the current climate this kind of strikes me as bait.

My apologies to the trainer for thinking that and I’m part of the problem for thinking it.

Another thing that I ask myself is this: what are the skills I need a tune up on, and is the guy I'm looking at a good choice to learn them from?

I have found that I gain much more from sport-oriented trainers like Tim Herron and Mason Lane when it comes to pure high speed pistol marksmanship skills. I seek out the trainers with relevant experience when it comes to learning the combative side of things like employment tactics for contexts that apply to my life. And make no mistake, a lot of the shit that is marketed as "combative" pistol skills is just marksmanship skills that are better learned from a competition-focused trainer.

Speaking of Mason Lane, he is a NH native. While he does travel a lot, see if you can catch and train with him when he's back in New England. I highly recommend it.

One guy that really knows how to blend the competition focused high speed marksmanship skills into fighting contexts is Matt Pranka, probably because he's a USPSA GM that has had a significant involvement in direct actions against our enemies.