• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Anyone have bad luck with a thread adapter?

XL Mammal

Red Five
Minuteman
May 17, 2005
TX
I have a TRG-22 with a Sandstorm inbound. I went with the standard threading (5/8x24), so I can swap it between rifles and plan on getting the Sako barrel chopped, anyway. I'd still like to shoot it on my TRG in the interim, but I'm hesitant to "tolerance stack" with an adapter. What's your experience? Anyone have a recommendation for a <span style="text-decoration: underline">reputable</span> M18x1 to 5/8x24 thread adapter. Thanks.

Re: Anyone have bad luck with a thread adapter?

Instead of buying that somewhere why not just have a smith chop and thread the barrel properly up front? Rarely do patches and compromises yield desired results.

Timing with a hunt/shooting extravaganza. Won't be able to get the rifle back from the 'smith in time.

I just picked up a thread adapter from a member here, great buy.

Username: ksville

I had a similar problem once. I talked to the techs at AAC about getting an adapter made for my Surgeon rifle to accept my Cyclone. They were very serious about not getting an adapter. To many connection point and variances to make something go wrong. I would not trust my new and expensive can to a small piece of threaded metal. IMHO