• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone have experience with N150?

jLorenzo

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2017
I am new to Vitavouhri powder and grabbed some N150 after reading the descriptions of the powders that were in stock. Said it was good for .308 with heavy bullets. I am planning on running 175s but also have some new 169 smks to try, only 100 though. Just wondering if 175s are considered heavy or did they mean 200gr+ bullets? I downloaded their app for load data, anyone have experience with this powder? Components being as scarce as they are I really want to be as efficient as I can with what I have.
I am loading 75s in 5.56 and 175s in the .308, what would you guys reccomend from Vitavourhi that would work in both of those?

i never found it locally. until i went to a shop i had never been before about an hour away and they had a lb of it. i picked it up since the accuracy load 260 Remington that is(for Sierra) was this powder, i loaded up some 140's and it shot very well.

i see the N150 listed for the 168 and 175 projectiles in the Sierra manual. I would most certainly give it a try, i really like VV powders in my rifles

edit. the 190SMK does not list that powder as being tested.

Reactions: jLorenzo
have had very positive results using VV N150 with Lapua 175 ScenarL's in my .308. Low ES and SD. Groups at less than .4

I use it for 168gr ttsx in my 308. Works great.

Im getting sooty necks with 175s and a 20" barrel. Gonna up the charge, ES and SDs have been all great with every load tried.