• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone have experience with the Zev Small Frame 6.5?

AlphaThree

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 15, 2020
I’m looking for a 6.5 gas gun and was holding out for a good deal on a Seekins SP10 but I came across a good deal on the Zev Small Frame 6.5. Seems to have some good parts but I would like to get some first hand experience of how it shoots.
https://www.zevtechnologies.com/ZEV-Small-Frame-Rifle-6.5-Creedmoor-20-Barrel-Black

ZEV-Small-Frame-Rifle-6.5-Creedmoor-20-Barrel-Black_media-4.jpg

Specifically wondering how it shoots suppressed without the adjustable gas system

This is the latest iteration of the Mega Arms Small Frame MA-Ten basically after ZEV merged with Mega Machine.

A lot of us were interested in them because Mega Machine had really nice billet sets with all the edges removed, fit/feel/finish was excellent, then there was this merger with ZEV, who specialized in doing Glock mods.

Mega Machine looked at the DPMS GII and made their own high quality billet set with matched handguard, but there were hardly any reviews or market exposure for some reason. Shot story: You get to be the guinea pig.

iu

Reactions: Earnhardt
I have a MA-TEN upper/lower matched set paired with a ZEV wedge lock handguard. Large frame, 7mm-08. No complaints at all.

It's the original large frame. I know you were asking about small frame, so take it for what it's worth. Which may be nothing 😁

This is the latest iteration of the Mega Arms Small Frame MA-Ten basically after ZEV merged with Mega Machine.

A lot of us were interested in them because Mega Machine had really nice billet sets with all the edges removed, fit/feel/finish was excellent, then there was this merger with ZEV, who specialized in doing Glock mods.

Mega Machine looked at the DPMS GII and made their own high quality billet set with matched handguard, but there were hardly any reviews or market exposure for some reason. Shot story: You get to be the guinea pig.

iu
Thanks for the info. I didn’t realize this was a relatively new release from Zev. It has great components. I can’t imagine it being a dud. Just worried about suppressed shooting without the adjustable gas block