• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Anyone have experience with these thermal binos?

Check out the recent thread here titled 'Thermal Scanner'.

IMO.. I believe those binocs have the same processor/core as their newer x-sights, which had a lot of problems early on. Not sure if they got everything fixed yet or not. It seemed there was a lot of user adaptation that had to happen to get the things working. Then there was ATN customer service.. Again, not sure if that is fixed now, but look into it. They screwed me once long ago with a NV device, never giving them the chance to screw me twice.

If you've got the $$ for those binocs, look into the Pulsar Quantum line. I have a XQ50 Trail scope and HD38 monocular and coyotes are in trouble.. So far the furthest I've seen yotes is about 600yds (due to terrain), and that was no problem.

Then there's the whole 'for ID'ing coyotes' thing. I'd say under the right conditions, and if they are moving, ... tough to say.. I've been sure they were yotes at 250yds.. and I've not been sure it was a yote or a fox at under 100yds.. Thermal isn't NV when it comes to positive ID.

I would also take a serious look at these. https://tnvc.com/shop/n-vision-optics-atlas/ While a bit more money, PM me for best price. They are absolutely built like a tank. Floatable, submersible etc. for the boating types. They also utilize the BAE 12um core as well, not many realize this and only think the Trijicon line has these.

Good kit.

I would also take a serious look at these. https://tnvc.com/shop/n-vision-optics-atlas/ While a bit more money, PM me for best price. They are absolutely built like a tank. Floatable, submersible etc. for the boating types. They also utilize the BAE 12um core as well, not many realize this and only think the Trijicon line has these.

Good kit.

PM has been sent. Thanks