• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Anyone have experience with this Bushnell Scope??

Re: Anyone have experience with this Bushnell Scope??

There's been a couple threads on this scope. Have you tried running a search on this board? I think the general consensus was that the sight picture was pretty dark when cranked all the way up to 30x.

Yeah I used the search but I only saw 1 comment on the Bushnell Tactical Elite 6500 4.5-30x50mm Riflescope, most of the comments were about the Bushnell Elite Tactical 6500 2.5-16x42.

For what its worth reviews done where people had purchased the scope said it was really bright all the way to 30x.

I have the 4.5-30 tac and really like it. It is mounted on my .50cal and had 0 trouble out of it. The glass rivals my NF at comparable power ranges. Someone was correct in saying it gets darker at 30x but not so dark you can't shoot. 24x is perfect. the only thing i really want to see would be ILL. then it would be my perfect scope.

If i am not mistaken the glass in the 6500 is the same glass in the 4200. Not sure if that helps but if you've seen the view through a 4200 it might.

I've had the Elite 6500 4.5-30x50mm on my 243AI going on it's second year. So far I love it. It's take some hard hits(drops) and held it's zero. 24x does seem to be the sweet spot. Decient in low light. You can spend alot more and not get a better scope.

my dad own the one and i have the 2.5-16x50, for the money you cant really go wrong.

you can waste £2500 on a S&B PM2 and it will do nothing that this scope cant.

during the day light there isnt much in it between scopes of £500 and scopes of £2500.

i wish i had gone for the 4.5-30x50 model now

I own one, the duplex reticle version, I have swithched it out on several different hunting rifles with no problems. I really like the push-pull reset turrets. It holds zero well and the optics are crystal clear. Keep it on lower power level to scan - crank it up to "check it out" and make sure you take your shot at the power level you are most comfortable with and in the range of power you sighted in at. On that last note, I have hade some shot deviation at longer ranges when cranking up to max magn. Overall, great variable scope for the money. If you are wanting to shoot extended long range you may want to check out there FFP 4200 TAC line. Same money but more geared too LR. For a hunting scope with wide mag range, you cant go wrong.

Repiv- there is no illumination to these scopes. that is big complaint that i have made mention of several times to bushnell. apparently, you can get them over in europe but not in the usa.

I have one and have no issues with it. It tracks well and the glass is good.