• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Anyone have info on this scope?

Firefour

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 13, 2005
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Recently picked up this scope, its a simmons, japan made, model 1057, 4x. It has 2 horizontal lines with a dot in the center. Neat little setup. Problem is it takes a battery to light the lines/dot ? but I cannot find any info on which battery it takes, or volts. I have called simmons which has been bought out by another company with no transference of data or info on this model. Would appreciate any info I can get from from someone that has one.
pic of battery compartment. measured I.D. and machined out the aluminum plug you see of approxmiate battery size. Yes, Ive looked for batteries that size and haven't found any as yet
Thanks

100_2863.jpg

100_2866.jpg

Re: Anyone have info on this scope?

battery may be a 357. Go to batteries Plus, they should be able tohook you up.

Re: Anyone have info on this scope?

Honestly, I would take that battery to a hearing aid shop and ask them. Alot of hearing aid setups use that style of battery. It would be worth a try if you are around one.