• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone have/shoot a 25 DTI?

giannid

Private
Minuteman
Mar 20, 2017
Chagrin Falls, Ohio
So I'm looking to put together another rifle for thermal hunting and came across this caliber. Seems like it has a good following over at predator masters. Right now I'm using a 6 mm Creedmoor and would really love to back to a small frame AR for weight and compactness. Right now I'm shooting 100 grain bullets at 2900 FPS and I'm pretty happy with the performance on pigs with this load. Seems like the DTI can get pretty close to that performance with a smaller package. Anyone have feedback on these? I know this is a wildcat and handload only which is what I usually shoot anyways.

Mike makes a great barrel. I have had 2 from him. If you reload and can get the dies from him, I say go for it. You could also look into some 6.8 spc wildcats necked down if you can find the dies to support it. I used to love the grendel but just never could get comfortable with the thin neck walls on the bolt. The 6.8 spc has a case that seems more conducive to semiauto feeding. If you did want to do a grendel variant, check out CMMG. They make an oversized reciever and bolt specifically for the grendel case head.