• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Rifle Gear Anyone have time with a cole-tac woobie rear bag?

david8989

The Tactical Texan
Minuteman
Aug 6, 2011
Bowie, TX
I'm looking for a good gas gun rear bag in the 7-9" tall range and the coletac woobie bag seems like a pretty nice option. Any have experience with it?

Old post I know but I use the Cole tac bag. Works well off the bench and prone for me. I use it on its side most of the time. Here is a picture from the bench. Bipod set up higher and bag on its end.

Attachments

• 20220610_124159.jpg
    20220610_124159.jpg
    612.8 KB · Views: 144
Anyone who has a bipod and uses a pump pillow / fudd-front rest, just makes me cringe.

Anyone who has a bipod and uses a pump pillow / fudd-front rest, just makes me cringe.
If you are talking about the lane next to me, it is just a sand bag. That was my buddies kid and he is still figuring out the bipod. He kept wobbling it, the sand bag gave him better stability

Reactions: iceng
Yeah, i get it. I guess because ive seen old fudds refer to them as "training wheels" im jaded.

<Fudd> get those training wheels out of the way, ill teach you how to shoot like a real man, the way its 'sposed to be

Yeah, i get it. I guess because ive seen old fudds refer to them as "training wheels" im jaded.

<Fudd> get those training wheels out of the way, ill teach you how to shoot like a real man, the way its 'sposed to be
You mean with a loop sling?

Reactions: iceng
Don't watch any 9HoleReviews vids on YouTube.
What do you mean? Henry, the fellow that does most of the longer range shooting, usually shoots prone off a rucksack. Sometimes he uses a bipod. The fellow shoots very well.

For example, here he is cleaning a timed 720yd course of fire in roughly 1:55sec (1:35 adjusted -20sec bonus shot) with a rifle with a hinged floorplate. Around 14min mark, Rob Ski, a US Army sniper, chimes in to say he did a hell of a job.

Here is a non-timed event:

He does these things out to 1100yds, depending on the platform. Sometimes he uses just irons. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Baron23
What do you mean? Henry, the fellow that does most of the longer range shooting, usually shoots prone off a rucksack. Sometimes he uses a bipod. The fellow shoots very well.

For example, here he is cleaning a timed 720yd course of fire in roughly 1:55sec (1:35 adjusted -20sec bonus shot) with a rifle with a hinged floorplate. Around 14min mark, Rob Ski, a US Army sniper, chimes in to say he did a hell of a job.

Here is a non-timed event:

He does these things out to 1100yds, depending on the platform. Sometimes he uses just irons. 🤷‍♂️

Yes, he often shoots from a ruck sack, with a bipod attached to the rifle. It’s like he forgets what those dangly bits on the front of the rifle are for.

Yes, he often shoots from a ruck sack, with a bipod attached to the rifle. It’s like he forgets what those dangly bits on the front of the rifle are for.
Don’t take my word for it, but I think it’s because he often shoots vintage-y or clone rifles with all the correct bits on them, but he prefers shooting off a ruck. Not sure, but I think I heard him say something to that effect.

Works for him, I guess.

Reactions: hlee