• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Anyone have USO SN-3's mounted on their SPRs

gewgaw

Private
Minuteman
Feb 7, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Looking to put an SN3 on my SPR-like (SPR-lite? haha) build. Currently have a Leupold Mk4 3.5-10x on it, no BUIS. I'm not liking the MOA/mildot set up on the Leupold, and I'm going to be trading it out for a USO soon.

Thinking about the SN-3 3.2-17x44mm with EREK, but not sure if it's going to be too big on it (want to avoid the "big ass scope on little ass rifle" syndrome). My other choice is the SN-3S -- I would automatically go with the SN-3S, but I would like the extra high end magnification of the 3.2-17x.

Anyone have pics of their SN-3 or SN-3S set up, or have advice for this setup?

Re: Anyone have USO SN-3's mounted on their SPRs

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gewgaw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
(want to avoid the "big ass scope on little ass rifle" syndrome). </div></div>

Run by their shop and ask Arnold or one of the guys to show you their Ruger 10/22s with SN3s mounted, and you will be cured of the illness you speak of up top...
laugh.gif

A friend of mine used to have his mounted on a Rock River 20" Predator Pursuit upper AR-15 and it looked pretty sick. I wouldn't put 4" sunshades on it though...
laugh.gif

I've run my 1.8-10x44 on my SPR for a while now. I've even shot 3gun with it. Worked GREAT.

Hey Allen.

Too bad we didn't sync up earlier. I'm going from the SN-3 you saw for sale to a Mk4 3.5-10x - (already found one) and you said you're looking for a 34 or 30 and not my 35mm. But still ...
smile.gif

I'm going for a light weight setup on a Remington R-25. Needless to say, the SN-3 eclipses the Leupy in performance, but it's a tank.

Nobody ever missed and said "I just saw it toooooo well!" Besides some people like
a little gun with their scope.

Hey Eric, haha, that's too funny! Yeah, I'm looking for a 34mm or 30mm to fit my existing mounts.... but darn, I woulda made that trade with ya. A trade beats out of pocket cash any day, huh?
smile.gif

I've read the replies so far and I'm seeing the consensus is more scope beats less scope. Of course, this IS Sniper's Hide, not arfcom, so that makes sense. heh heh