• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone having problems with e-mail notification?

ORD

Montani Semper Liberi
Minuteman
Nov 12, 2005
Morgantown, WV, USA
I have received several PMs over the last 12hrs or so and have not gotten a single e-mail notification. While it isn't a big deal, I have always gotten them in the past. Checked my settings in "My Preferences" and everything seems correct...receiving other e-mails to my listed e-mail account without issue.

Any ideas?

Re: Anyone having problems with e-mail notification?

The last time that happened to me, it turned out that Yahoo thought my account had been compromised so they locked it down. I did get a notice from Yahoo, but it didn't make it to my ithing since Yahoo had changed the password.

If that's not it, then I'd say change your settings. Remove the notification on the site and save settings, then select the notification again and see what happens.

ORD,

Did you get this worked out? I am having the same problem and I have checked my settings, they are correct but no email notification of PMs.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nothing has changed on the site's end we haven't done anything recently to affect this ? </div></div>

Not sure what's up. I only got one PM yesterday evening (got it this a.m. when I check in to the site), but still received no e-mail notification of it. I have tried: a) logging out/logging back in; b) changing the settings from receive to don't receive e-mails of PMs (and back to receive PMs); c) clearing my cache/history/cookies/etc...all with no effect.

I am still receiving e-mails to my mail account that is linked to the Hide (25+ e-mails/day), so I don't think it is my ISP/mail server causing the problem.

Again...it isn't a big problem or something "life and death" but it is puzzling. Never had an issue receiving e-mail notices from the site before my post the other day.

Its happening to me as well. Started a few days ago.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would contact [email protected] and tell them when it started and where you are located they can look into it </div></div>

Thanks, LL. I'll drop them a line today.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ORD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I'll drop them a line today. </div></div> What did they tell you? Mine is still not working.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BattleAxe</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ORD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I'll drop them a line today. </div></div> What did they tell you? Mine is still not working. </div></div>

CRAP!! I got sidetracked on other issues and forgot all about this. I am still having the problem so I just e-mailed the support address that LL provided above. I will advise what I hear back from the Geovario folks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ORD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BattleAxe</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ORD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I'll drop them a line today. </div></div> What did they tell you? Mine is still not working. </div></div>

CRAP!! I got sidetracked on other issues and forgot all about this. I am still having the problem so I just e-mailed the support address that LL provided above. I will advise what I hear back from the Geovario folks. </div></div>

FYI - Comcast was blocking all email from Snipershide.com ( spam filters ) - we just got them to release the hold - anyone who uses Comcast as their ISP - will start seeing email show up in their Inbox soon.

Thanks for reporting the issue to support @ geovario

-Michael

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mcubed4130</div><div class="ubbcode-body">FYI - Comcast was blocking all email from Snipershide.com ( spam filters ) - we just got them to release the hold - anyone who uses Comcast as their ISP - will start seeing email show up in their Inbox soon. </div></div>

Yes...Crap...just got ton of notifications. Nice work. I've had more problems with comcast than I can stomach. Lost internet and phone for a freakin week due to a lightning strike and they couldn't get a tech out for 5 days. Of course if I had their "business class" service I would have got if fixed in 4 days. NOw this...do they have any idea of how important hidemail is? I couldn't even shoot straight any more.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BattleAxe</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mcubed4130</div><div class="ubbcode-body">FYI - Comcast was blocking all email from Snipershide.com ( spam filters ) - we just got them to release the hold - anyone who uses Comcast as their ISP - will start seeing email show up in their Inbox soon. </div></div>

Yes...Crap...just got ton of notifications. Nice work. I've had more problems with comcast than I can stomach. Lost internet and phone for a freakin week due to a lightning strike and they couldn't get a tech out for 5 days. Of course if I had their "business class" service I would have got if fixed in 4 days. NOw this...do they have any idea of how important hidemail is? I couldn't even shoot straight any more. </div></div>

Yup! I just got a TON of e-mail notices of all the PMs I have received in the last week or so. Dumbasses at Comcast must have nothing better to do with their time!!

Thanks again for the prompt assistance, GeoVario!! Excellent service indeed!! And thanks to you, LL, for the support hook up!

And BattleAxe...if it makes you feel any better...THEIR BUSINESS CLASS SERVICES ARE <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">NOT</span></span> ANY BETTER!!!
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ORD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And BattleAxe...if it makes you feel any better...THEIR BUSINESS CLASS SERVICES ARE <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">NOT</span></span> ANY BETTER!!!
wink.gif
</div></div>

The only thing that would make me feel any better would be if they lost their monopoly on broadband. They don't deserve it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BattleAxe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They don't deserve it. </div></div>

No disagreement with you on that one!! I wish there were a viable alternative in my area, but sadly...I'm SOL for the time being!

I'm tempted to go satellite. Land lines in Fl are always a lightning strike away from going down.

Guys,
I just joined the Hide, and I have received email notification of PMs that I have gotten, but no notifications about new posts in topics I am watching.....

I think I have set my preferences correctly. What specifically needs to be selected to make it happen???

Tnx

I am also having problems recieving emails. I can't login to my normal account (username: dbransco), so I attempted to reset my password; however, I don't recieve any emails from the site. I have a Yahoo email account??