• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone heard of Van Dyke Rifles

spotswood

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 23, 2009
Florida
Has anyone seen any of the custom rifles built by Van Dyke?

I would like to build a new bolt action 308 or 338 and was considering GAP but am concerned with the extended wait time. I recently heard of rifles by Van Dyke which am told are of equal build quality and accuracy.
Anyone have any knowledge of this?
Thanks
gary

Re: Anyone heard of Van Dyke Rifles

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: spotswood</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Has anyone seen any of the custom rifles built by Van Dyke?

I would like to build a new bolt action 308 or 338 and was considering GAP but am concerned with the extended wait time. I recently heard of <span style="color: #FF0000">rifles by Van Dyke which am told are of equal build quality and accuracy.</span>
Thanks
gary </div></div>

Negative on multiple accounts. They have poor customer service nor do they answer the phones anymore. I have seen some poorly done threading from them on a rifle I bought from their shop.

Stay away from Van Dyke Rifles. Go for GA Precision..... you wont regret it. worth the wait. sometimes they have rifles available for immediate shipment on their website.

There are other quality smiths on this site that can build what you want without the long wait.

I also heard not the best service but then I never ordered a rifle from them. if your building a "always wanted one " rifle take the time to do it right
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kyshooter338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: spotswood</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Has anyone seen any of the custom rifles built by Van Dyke?

I would like to build a new bolt action 308 or 338 and was considering GAP but am concerned with the extended wait time. I recently heard of <span style="color: #FF0000">rifles by Van Dyke which am told are of equal build quality and accuracy.</span>
Thanks
gary </div></div>

Negative on multiple accounts. They have poor customer service nor do they answer the phones anymore. I have seen some poorly done threading from them on a rifle I bought from their shop.

Stay away from Van Dyke Rifles. Go for GA Precision..... you wont regret it. worth the wait. sometimes they have rifles available for immediate shipment on their website. </div></div>

I think you should give American Precision Arms a look. Not sure what kind of wait time they are quoting but if you are looking for a 338 or any tactical bolt-rifle, you need to look no further. Jered and his crew are top-notch in every facet.

Try calling van dyke and see if you can actually get ahold of him. I know people that have tried for months with no return call or answer.
Just my two cents