• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone here from the Denver area

lightman

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 18, 2009
England, ar
I'm going to be in Denver next week. Was wondering if there were any gun shops worth checking out? Also, any high end liquor stores. Thanks, Lightman

Nothing in Denver worth doing. My boycott of this state continues unabated.

You could check out the dude selling weed while dressed like Willy Wonka and his buddy dressed like an Oompa Loompa. They are located right on Colfax, not far from the stadium. You could check out our legal doobage places, but I think you'll need a prescription to blaze away. I don't know the weed laws 'cause I don't use or believe in the crap.

As for liquor stores, we have a ton, 'cause we're a buncha drunks. They are everywhere, and you can't walk far without finding one.

I'm not sure we have any high end, good, gun shop/stores anymore. I could drive you to Gunsmoke, but they suck, and they don't count for anything.

This state needs a good mercy flush....

Mile High Shooting a little north of Denver but well worth the drive! Plenty of good stuff to look at great people to chat with. They also offer a discount for hide members!

3731 Monarch St Erie, CO 80516
(303) 255-9999

Mile high is a great place if you are going to buy something. However just to browse they don't have a huge showroom. I don't know if they take people in the back or not.
Can't help with liquor store I don't drink. Applejacks advertises a lot.

Mile High Shooting Accessories and Firing Line are two great stores. As far as Liquor stores... Depends on what you are looking for...
Daveco in Broomfield (Near Mile High) is the largest in the US. Tipsy at Bowles and C470 is second largest. Applejack in Wheatridge near Youngfield and I70 sells more than the other two. Boulder Wine Merchant in Boulder, Divino on Broadway, and Tony's Wine list for good wine.

Anither vote for Mile High. Lots of great stuff on display there from Barrets, AI's, NV, S&B scopes galore, hand guns, ammo, suppressors, and lots of other gear. Great group of people!

Trigger Time is near there and I hear they have a decent shop too.

There is also a Bass Pro and a new Cabela's you'd be passing if u head north to MH or TT.

Thanks for the replys, guys! We're going out for the Beer Festival, and thought about hitting a few gun shops. I forgot about Milehigh, will try to check them out. As far as liquor stores, we'll mostly be looking for craft beer. Mostly stuff that you can't get in Arkansas. I doubt that we check out Willy and his crew on Colfax, Ha Ha, as we're not into that. We will be staying near the stadium however, as its close to downtown and has a shuttle that we can ride to the bars and restaurants, so no DWI's. I think the brew club has a few brewery tours set up, so Ft Collins is probably on the agenda. Thanks again, Lightman

I'm gonna head to the Great American Beer Festival tomorrow for the first time. Apparently the line to get in can take FOREVER so make sure you get there early.

You could also check out the Gun Room in Lakewood on Colfax. West side on Denver. Small shop but they sometimes got some interesting stuff in.

My buddy is at the beer festival, they've been there since Monday supposedly ordering $30-$50 bottles of vintage beer like its water... Idiot. I hear it's a good time though. I suggested he go to mile high but he has no interest in anything but being plastered.

I'm sure there's a lot of great beers on tap. Maybe next year I'll arrange to go out elk hunting, visit mile high, and go the GBAF all in one swoop.

Well guys, the festival was fun! This was my 2nd year to go. Thanks for the suggestions on both the gun shops and liquor stores. Mile High was a great place to check out. Boy, could i have spent some money in there! Another one we looked at was Rocky Mountain Shooters Supply, out near Ft Collins. We hit both Daveco and Argonauts, for liquor stores. Both had very good beer selections, and we took quite a bit home with us. We spent a lot of time downtown and at Ft Collins! We're already making plans for next year! Thanks again, Lightman