• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone here have a McMillian TAC-308?

aojones

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 2, 2011
San Antonio, Texas
I was checking out one of their 20" models and it seems expensive. Was wondering if anyone here owns one and can give me their opinion on how they shoot, etc.

Re: Anyone here have a McMillian TAC-308?

I was looking at them at one time and they appear to be very nice but after shopping around I found I could have a smith of my choice build just as nice of a rifle for way less money.

Again, I have never held one or shot one so I cannot speak for the quality of product but I know their stocks are nice and customer service from them is great.

Yea, our local Cabelas has two of them, one 20" .308 and a 26" .300, they look and feel great, just can't grasp spending $5099.00 + tax
crazy.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: aojones</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yea, our local Cabelas has two of them, one 20" .308 and a 26" .300, they look and feel great, just can't grasp spending $5099.00 + tax
crazy.gif
</div></div>

If I was going to spend that kind of money I would buy a Tac-Ops.

Call Ken at GA Precision. I have had mine for just over a month and it is going to ruin me on all of my other rifles:)816-221-1844

Get a custom the way you want it, and for cheaper then what you would pay for a McMillian set-up. You pay for the name only. Although their stocks are nice, but look at Manners as an option.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vkc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Get a custom the way you want it, and for cheaper then what you would pay for a McMillian set-up. You pay for the name only. Although their stocks are nice, but look at Manners as an option. </div></div>

+1!

Great advice.