• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone here have any time on a Truform Runner?

jbell

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jan 16, 2010
    Lewiston, ME
    I'm thinking about buying one for the winter. I would love some first have non biased thoughts. Thanks!

I have had one in my gym since 2016 - they are badass.

I think about it more like a running trainer - the way you learn to efficiently run on the Trueform has great carry over to the actual ground based sprinting.

Helps to be able to coach sprint/run technique when someone is sprinting in place.

Shoot me a DM if you want their contact.

JR

Reactions: jbell
    It is still running indoors. It is an odd sensation at first but it is certainly better from a plant and stride standpoint over a belt that is rotating toward you with each step. They also feel a little wider than a traditional treadmill.

I'll still take 40 and raining through the winter over anything indoors. That said, I know you live in ME and probably have ice on the ground for paved running, and trail running has its own set of issues in the cold and sloppy.

Good luck

Yeah there are about 4 solid months here where running outside is a futile attempt at best...

Not a lot to add on the information front, just that they work well, take a little getting used to, and it feels like running in a way a regular treadmill never has.

That said mine sits unused ~8 months out of the year when outside running is possible.

Don’t have on but I’ve run on them a lot. Great for fairly consistent runs, if you want to do interval work be ready to take a few extra seconds to get to/from interval speed. Not really a good way to do incline stuff if you’re into that on a treadmill.

End of the day I’d love to have one at home but that price tag kills me.

Don’t have on but I’ve run on them a lot. Great for fairly consistent runs, if you want to do interval work be ready to take a few extra seconds to get to/from interval speed. Not really a good way to do incline stuff if you’re into that on a treadmill.

End of the day I’d love to have one at home but that price tag kills me.

We actually put blocks under the front of your TrueForm to get more of an incline - which actually made it better so we didnt hit the front bar.

Reactions: sea2summit
    Wish I had that kinda dough... Had one with us on a deployment once and used it quite a bit. Took some getting used to in order to maintain pace because I kept wanting to go faster on it.