• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone here read Dari, Pashto, or Farsi? Help please.

MK20

Major Member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 17, 2018
    The land of many waters
    I need a short few words written in what is likely Dari translated to English. Anyone here able to help?

Thanks in advance.

Dari Persian has quite a few dialects itself, with all the tribes and villages often having unique variations. If the words as written or spoken have any context or extraneous info- that'll help.

Unless you have specific reason to- I wouldn't rule out Tajik or Urdu.

Last edited:
    20220402_192114.jpg
    Google translate doesn't work on this.

I was told it was a marking that meant 2nd highest ranking man in the 6th Company but I kinda doubt that was a correct translation.

"Thowinamileofdickinmyprizegoatsazzchampion"......

I’m going to follow you so I don’t miss it. I’ll piss off once it’s done.

Reactions: MK20
    Here you go. I'll be posting here for the next few days as I unwrap them.

I am working on the buttplate (or should I say I have friends working on on that.

I’d rule out a Pakistani copy from Darra. That’s the first thing I thought when I saw the “factory”’stamps. They look too good. So it is probably St. Etienne all the way!

A lot of these were distributed in the 3rd world and were “war booty” taken from Turks who Inthink had a lot of them into WW1. And were probably given by France to their Allies in the Hejaz. They were being used in Afghanistan in 1979… until the Muj got AK’s in bull. Wasn’t all old Enfield’s over there.

I have seen buttplate “markings” a bit like that on Martinis that were in Pakistan (then Indias Northwest provinces) and Afghanistan. They were basically rack numbers. That is my guess so far.

More to follow. Very cool gun!

Sirhr

Yes you do. Our commander wouldn't sign any paperwork. Even after we printed it all off and filled it out. All he had to do was fucking sign it.
    We had the same. Our CO said we could bring them back after we invaded ‘01-‘02, led us on all the way to the day prior to hitting Onslow Beach when he then ordered us to throw them overboard. We had some beauties we put a lot of work into cleaning up as well as demiling the auto stuff, they’re are now sitting a couple hundred miles off NC.

We had the same. Our CO said we could bring them back after we invaded ‘01-‘02, led us on all the way to the day prior to hitting Onslow Beach when he then ordered us to throw them overboard. We had some beauties we put a lot of work into cleaning up as well as demiling the auto stuff, they’re are now sitting a couple hundred miles off NC.
    It's a shame you weren't closer to the beach. Would have been no issue to hop a dive boat out of Sneads Ferry with a GPS number and put a middle finger up to the CO.

Reactions: Redmanss
    It's a shame you weren't closer to the beach. Would have been no issue to hop a dive boat out of Sneads Ferry with a GPS number and put a middle finger up to the CO.
    The little stuff would have been no problem to bring up, the 14.5mm KPV would have been a bit of a chore though. We were going to mount it up outside the company office, had the chamber welded closed and barrel drilled out to demil it, it was ugly when we got it and completely inoperable, but a lot of hours and elbow grease (and WD-40) and we had it cleaned up pretty well and ready for display.

The JAG ruled them war trophies and therefore illegal, so into the drink it went.

Most of what we brought back for personal were black powder and very decorative, we deliberately picked the old curio grade stuff because we thought it would be a shoe-in to get the paperwork signed off. The kind of shit you'd see at the bazaars and down Chicken Street a lot before shit turned ugly over there. Lots of decorative stone inlay work down the stocks, nothing I would have ever shot even if we didn't have the flash holes sealed, but a nice mantle piece nonetheless. They were in with a weapons cache the villagers pointed us to when we seized Kandahar, weird seeing that shit with AKs and RPK/RPDs. And SAMs, lots of fucking SAMs...

Bet he signed his own.
    No. Suprising he was not a gun guy. Had no care in the world. We had ak's, rpk's, mosins, enfields and some 1903's. I had a demilled ak a functional 1903 and enfield I wanted to bring back. I wish I would have pictures of the stamping on the guns. They were interesting

Here i thought after reading the title, it was a thread about foreign poets or some shit.