• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Anyone here tried the new Bushnell fusion 1600 LRF

Re: Anyone here tried the new Bushnell fusion 1600 LRF

man they are coming out with all kinds of stuff... those are like budget Geovids. I may have to try those out.

I've had no experience with them, but FYI they're $100 cheaper at SWFA.

I didn't think that these were available yet. Several vendors have them listed on websites, but my understanding was that the official release wasn't until later this year.

+1 for SWFA!! If you get in touch with them, they should be able to give you the dirt on these units and their expected availability. I would definitely go through SWFA, Camera Land NY, Liberty Optics or another site sponsoring vendor for your purchase. You'll get a better deal (and God knows better service) than you'll get elsewhere.

these look awesome, budget Geovids is right! my only concern is that the rangefinder wont be able to range past 1000 yards consistently and accurately. even though some rangefinders are marked 1500, or 1000 or whatever, they dont always go the distance you think. i finally landed on a Leica because i knew i could trust the performance and the Swaro was too expensive. if these Bushnells get good reviews though, ill be all over them!

LL needs to do a review

I will be ordering a set from Scott (Liberty Optics) shortly and should be able to get some good time with them throughout the summer. I am hoping that I can find a way to mount them to a tripod to give a little more stability (and hopefully a little more accurate ranging)

I too am interested in what other hide members have to say about these bino's...

I cant justify spending $2k on Geovids... actually let me rephrase that to i DONT have the money for geovids.

I could justify saving for a small while to get these Bushnells however... Only if they get some good reviews tho

Man this would fill a great niche in bino range finders....hopefully they are worth their salt. Nice find KQGuy, hopefully we can get a review from someone soon.

Did you ever buy these? Please someone post a review!<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rbhoover</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I will be ordering a set from Scott (Liberty Optics) shortly and should be able to get some good time with them throughout the summer. I am hoping that I can find a way to mount them to a tripod to give a little more stability (and hopefully a little more accurate ranging)</div></div>

SofaKing, I was at North Texas Rifle Precision July 1-2, 2010. During the precision rifle class, taught by Captain Kick Ass (CKA), we got to play with a pair complements of Bushnell. There is a post at the NTRP Forum that give his review. I can say in my Noob-tastic opinion the Bushnell Fusion 1600 LRFs were AWESOME, durable, and versatile. The glass was crystal clear and the Laser was dead on based on GPS verification.
The conditions in Seven Points, TX were less than ideal (rain, overcast, misty) and the range was still accurate out to 1093 yards (that was the max range I walked out to). The brush mode also worked surprisingly well. To get to 1K, I was lasing across a VERY overgrown draw. The target I was ranging is probably 36 inches x 18 inches (this is an inaccurate measurement but it is as close as I remember.) The target is the COM steel target from Outback Welding here in Texas. If you contact NTRP, CKA can give you more target info.
There is a Ballistic Data function that I used based on my bullet velocity. This dope proved to be accurate based on my load out to 760 yards. 175gr SMK .308s in front of 45.0gr RL-15, pushing 2690fps out of a Remington Model 700P under an IOR 4-14x50mm Tactical Scope. I would have had Zero (no pun intended) problems trusting the dope at farther distances, but my beginners skills prevented this.
Either way, I would want to get a pair and try them here in El Paso. I want to see what the reflectivity of sand and bright sun would do to them during operations. I'd also like to test them during desert inclimate conditions here (dust storms, mud storms, etc).
The only negative thing I can say, thus far, is the readout is rather hard to see in bright light. We had the pair set on the highest setting and the glare was just right to white it out. I didn't see a way to attach these to a tripod, but I wouldn't be surprised if they had a mount point. By all means go get a pair. CKA has never steered me wrong and he was as impressed as I was.
This review was based on MY employment of the product. If you would like to read a professionally written review, please, look up North Texas Rifle Precision and read what CKA has to say. His review is based off of his use and expertise. If and when I ever get my hands on a pair again I will post my very badly written review of this product. Out of 5 stars I give the Bushnell Fusion 1600 LRFs 4 and 1/2 stars.

texasvmi

We have been getting really good feed back on them.

This is from a guy that was given a set to T&E by Bushnell. He got them at Shot Show or just before Shot Show.
“I have been using the Bushnell Fusion 1600 for 6 months now with hard use with no problems. I have been able to get ranges out to 1700 yards. (Ranges
were checked with a Vector rangefinder) Getting ranges to steel out to 1000 yards is easy and I have the benifit of having a 10 power bino and a
rangefinder in one. They also have the rainguard on them so using them in the rain is no problem.The battery also lasts a long time. The HUDS display
in mine is a little dim in extremely bright days, but the brightness adjustment works well for low light shooting to tone the reticle brightness down.
For the money they are really worth it.”

We are running an intro special on them here is a link.
Link to the Bushnell Fusion 1600 ARC @ CS Tactical.com

Mike @ CST

If its anything like the Elite 1500 ARC RF, then it will be awesome!

Thanks for the feedback gentlemen, it's on my wish list. I'm sure as these positive reviews get out, the cost will go up while availability will go down.

Thanks again.

Flims and shankster - thanks again great info. I be gettin' some!