• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone here who has an HK G28?

HKslave

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Apr 4, 2022
NC
Converted or otherwise, just wondering if anyone out there actually has one, and how much did you spend to get it? I would really like to have an mr762 and just have it cerakoted RAL8000, but the only ones I see available anywhere have the ugly ass new MLOK handguards. I really dont want to get a $4000 rifle just to replace a handguard for another $400, but thats really just an entry price for a project like this. In any case, id like to get one with a quad rail. I know some of the older ones had the extended quad rail (though not the g28 rail). Ive looked around at the companies that do conversions but they all seem hit or miss on a time frame for how long it would take to source parts and what the total cost would be.

BTW, im totally aware that this is not an overnight project and that it could cost up to $12,000 but I dont care. No HK has ever been ready to rock out of the box for me at least as I always end up spending money on them to get them the way I want. theyre a company I love but also love to hate. I think most HK people can relate.

Reactions: TacosGigante
Great. I just spent ten minutes looking for any G28 of any variation that didn't have a hideous handguard. I failed. No such beast exists.

Reactions: Jsp556
Seen a clone on GB 3 months ago, was asking $30K. Didnt sell ...

Shot one of those here this month. Blasted the end out of a SF SOCOM on it. Total baffle strike on almost every baffle. That shit was crooked as fuck from the factory.

1660318517452.png

Sorry for the necropost, but I actually have an answer to the OPs question. It's doable but expensive.

• vanilla MR762 $2800
  • RAL 8000 Cerakote receivers $250
  • G28 Handguard, Stock, Grip, BUIS ~$800 from German company (export headaches)
  • G28-style flash hider $100
  • ERA-TAC mount $250
  • S&B 3-20x Ultra Short Pantone $3800
This was in 2015. Would I do it again today? Probably not. At the time I was dying of stage four cancer and had cashed out my 401k to pay for medical bills and decided it was something positive I could do with the year or so I had left.

Thanks - it was a quite a roller coaster that seems to have come to a stop.