• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone here with a .45acp ar??

Re: Anyone here with a .45acp ar??

I have an AR45 and a Cavarms rifle in 45acp. They both use grease gun mags which makes life easier. Both are fun guns and since I have enough reloading components stashed away I will be enjoying cheap shooting for a while.

There are pros and cons to each. The Cavarms will be your cheapest and easiest route to a 45 and you can use it for the other AR variants, but you are stuck with a fixed stock. The AR45 uses all the same furniture as any other AR, but it takes a little more effort (and time when i got mine) to get one and you are limited to GG mags.

I don't have any experience with either the Bazooka Bros or the MGI. Up until yesterday when a local dealer finally got his I thought that the MGI GG magwell was destined to be vaporware.

My brother has an Oly Arms 45ACP upper. He loves that thing. I think the only thing he shoots in it is 230gr FMJ, but it's been 100% reliable.

Mmmmmm, Thompsons...
grin.gif

I've got an Oly .40 cal upper on an Essentisal Arms lower. I'm using a KKF mag bloack for STEN mags and modify them myself to feed 40 cal. My handload using 155 grain Hornady XTP's is giving me 1470fps in the 11.5" barrel that was shortened by a previous owner from 16".