• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone here with a real fast twist 22lr?

Geno C.

Dirty Carnie
Minuteman
  • Oct 24, 2007
    Wautoma, WI
    Just got my next shipment of 50gr Badlands 22lr bullets. Going to do a bit more load development in a couple weeks and get some good solid radar data.
    A11A2ABD-2148-411A-88FC-D4A0F46085F3.jpeg
    Who else on here has it is getting a barre to shoot the new heavy copper solids?

I have a 1:6 barrel ordered with Bartlein, hope top have it in the next couple weeks. Is Badlands selling those to the public or is it still R&D?

Reactions: Geno C.
    Call them and they’ll make some for you. They haven’t made it to their website yet. You’ll need to the the bore and groove diameter of your barre to make sure you get the right ones.

Reactions: acourvil
    O.k., thanks. What chamber are you using (or do you suggest)? Manson has reamers for the CE bullets, not sure what the differences are between those and the Badlands bullets or whether a different chamber would be indicated.

I used a standard match chamber with a 1.5 degree throat. I want to say it was a Lapua reamer but now for the life of me, I can’t remember for sure. This bullet is designed to work in a regular chamber so a guy can shoot regular ammo for cheap practice or fun and still get acceptable accuracy.

I did send some loaded rounds to David Kiff at his request so he can make a couple reamers that are specific to this bullet. He said with his reamer there will be more speed to be had than a normal chamber.

Reactions: W54/XM-388
    I got my 1:9 Lilja barrel, but have only had the opportunity to shoot at 50/100yds. At that range, accuracy is pretty close to my standard twist Krieger barrel, with the Krieger maybe having a slight edge. Now that the holidays are over, I am hoping to get to shoot it at longer distances. I also have a Bartlein 1:6 barrel that should be here next week that I plan to try with the Cutting Edge 50gn solids.

Reactions: ohiofarmer