• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone in Salt Lake City, UT???

wkahler

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 16, 2006
Englewood, Ohio
I need a little guidance on the area. I have meeting there next June and trying to plan hotels and logistics. Basically just need to know if there is any area to avoid for hotels and etc. the meeting is at the Salt Palace Convention Center. Thanks for any help and incite for the area!

Several years ago I attended a medical conference at the same facility. I had planned on staying at the conference hotel, across the street, but got "overflowed" to the Little America".
Man what a lucky break. The tower rooms are palatial, even the garden rooms are gorgeous. The staff were great, and the views incredible from the higher floors. Great food. Not only that, but the people who "got" to stay at the main conference hotels, were PO'd every single day about something.

WOW thanks for the info i will keep that in mind its to fare out to book right now but i am working on things a little year this time around LOL!

I'm a little south of SLC. If you're planning on staying downtown near the Salt Palace, I don't think there are many places you need to avoid. Little America is nice, so is The Hyatt Place which is right next to the Gateway mall. The Gateway has a planetarium and theater, plus the usual shops which makes it a good place to kill time. If you have a free day and can bring a rifle, head out to the west desert for plenty of long range opportunity.

The Hyatt is the closest for sure, walking distance to the Salt palace and to the Gateway. Just keep in mind there are lots of hotels in the area and most of them have shuttles that will take you where you wana go for free. There is also lots of food close to the salt palace, one of my fav's is Red Rock, they have great food and beer. They are on 200 West and half way between 200 and 300 south. Salt Lake is for sure one of the easiest City's to get around in , its all on a grid so if you can count to ten and know East(close mountains) from West(far mountains)you'll be able to figure it out...and its really not that big, we like it that way! Lots of food and restaruants at the Gateway Mall or head up to the City Creek Mall (real nice, not far). Other things you may or may not be interested in, the liquor store is also on 200 W and 400 S open till 10 PM and closed on Sunday, Gallensons Gun store "if you get bored" 200 S and 200 E, if your driving, there is an ally way between the buildings with free parking always try that first. Nice place, small, but decent prices. If your going to be there in June there is also a farmers market going on at pioneer park Saturdays...Ya'no incase you need some fresh veg or hippy art. Don't know how long you will be in town and how much extra time you will have, but if you need more and or other ideas you let me know.

Ok thanks for the info i passed it on to the wife once they open up booking for hotels we will let you know where we got a place and go from there thanks for all the great info and help out!