• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone in the running for the most ghetto 22?

scubapro187

Chew
Minuteman
Mar 29, 2008
Helena, MT
I look around and see how much you guys are putting into .22 trainers with envy. Here is mine it's a savage Mark II FV, my major complaint is how small the stock it comes on is. So I bought a pad that adds a 1.5" LOP and duct taped it on. Then I did the ghetto cheek rest with Moleskin and duct tape. I have a 30$ Simmons 4-12x40 scope and an unknown brand of WalMart rings that couldn't cost more then 10 dollars. Although I did just break down and order a 20 MOA base from EGW so I can reach out a bit further.

All In all though this gun flat out shoots. With good ammo (Wolf Match or CCI green tag) I consistently can shoot 9mm casings at 100yards (usually 9 out of 10).

CIMG0522.jpg

CIMG0520.jpg

CIMG0525.jpg

Re: Anyone in the running for the most ghetto 22?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: scubapro187</div><div class="ubbcode-body">shoot 9mm casings at 100yards (usually 9 out of 10). </div></div>

That even possible? Not knocking you, but reading so many other peoples posts about .22 trainers that seems to be some pretty damn good shooting at 100 yards for a .22.

I promise you it's possible and I do it quite often at my range. I do it from a supported position however, so if you thought I was unsupported maybe that clears it up. But yes perhaps 9 out of 10 is a bit extreme I've done 9-10 a lot but the average is probably more like 7 out of 10 at 100 yards.

Not to gloat but I think its possible A good friend of mine and I have no problem shootin Tic Tacs in cardbord and have no problem hitting 7 to 8 for 10 at 60 yds And yes this is with the use of bags or a bipod I use a stock Savage with Muller Tactical 8.5-24x44 scope and Halo scope mount rail and his is a Cooper or as I call it his pooper due to its dark brown stock I cant wait to get my CZ set up so I can out shoot his Baby

It's not ghetto, its a sleeper.

Gray 100mph tape says "I have no clue how to shoot", regular OD 100mph would have given you away.

I love it.

Reactions: camocorvette

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: scubapro187</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ahh yes a sleeper rifle, that's a first in my book.. </div></div>

Now you need a suppressor so the Richardson ground squirrels won't know what hit them!

grin.gif

i had those same exact rings on my rem700 SPS-V .223. holding down a leupold VX-III 4.5-14X40. and i have to say, they are about the best damn rings i ever had. when i went to a larger tube scope i had to get rid of them and was pissed wally-world didnt have them in 30MM... had to buy more expensive. and did i notice a difference? NO! they both hold the scope to the rifle at the desired height and thats about all i can tell you. but i agree that it is a sleeper, especially if it shoots as well as you say it does.

for about $40.00 you can get one of those command arms cheek rests used on the collapsible stocks,
screw on a picatinny rail to the side of the mkII, slide on cheekpiece. you can then put other rails
on the sides of other rifles, and use the same cheek piece, with hash marks on it for the different rifles.

Seems like there are either not many dumpy looking .22s or are the owners reluctant to post.

What the heck.. I'll enter. Yes, that's an adjustable PVC cheek rest. Soon to some...toilet paper tube sun shade!

IMG_9503.jpg

IMG_9456.jpg

IMG_9431.jpg

Hahah, I did the same thing with my FV. Folded up a hand towel and taped it to the butt. I used electrical tape though and made sure the folds hid the little flowers.