• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone in the upstate sc

Jthoss0837

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 19, 2010
Greenville, South Carolina
Im goong to be purchasing a bell and carlson stock soon. Im wondering if the A5 is worth the coin over the A2. Im a tall guy at 6'4" i could probably use the LOP adjustments. Also the vertical grip is appealing and seems more comfortable. Since I know of nowhere to get my hands on the stock, and don't know anyone with one, I'm wondering if any hide members from the upstate area own one or the other stocks and would allow me to get a hands on feel for it. I would be greatly appreciative.

Thanks

Re: Anyone in the upstate sc

If you are in the upstate of SC, then you can't be very far from APA's shop in Jefferson, GA. Its just over the state line, going toward Atlanta on I-85. I'm sure they would let you handle many types of McMillan Stocks.

Just be careful, you will go from wanting an $800 stock to wanting a $4K, bad ass rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Santee116</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you are in the upstate of SC, then you can't be very far from APA's shop in Jefferson, GA. Its just over the state line, going toward Atlanta on I-85. I'm sure they would let you handle many types of McMillan Stocks.

Just be careful, you will go from wanting an $800 stock to wanting a $4K, bad ass rifle. </div></div>

Good to know
The thing is I don't want a McMillan. If I'm going to fork out that much for a stock I'd just get an xlr

I've offered my help before, I'll offer it again: If you want to shoot the McMillan A5, call the number provided earlier. I can meet you tomorrow at GGC if necessary, as I have Good Friday as a company holiday.