• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone know a good place to get a chassis Cerakoted?

Distaste

Private
Minuteman
Jun 23, 2020
I recently bought a Howa Long action chassis from overseas for a 6.5 PRC build and DHL took it upon themselves to scratch and dent it. It was originally coated with KG Gunkote, but clearly that wasn't strong enough for DHL so I'm thinking of getting it cerakoted. I've been trying to find prices for getting a chassis coated but most places don't include a price for them, mostly just stocks, actions, barrels, etc. I've asked a few places around me and the prices have varied so wildly that I don't know if the cheap quote($150) isn't good quality or the expensive one($500) is just them being greedy. So I was curious if anyone here has had their cerakoted, where they went, and roughly what I should expect to pay. I'm currently dealing with some health stuff so price is certainly a factor. If it's going to cost too much I'll just have to entertain other ideas like selling it or DIY painting I guess lol.

Attachments

• 2021-03-08 18.23.11.jpg
    2021-03-08 18.23.11.jpg
    397.4 KB · Views: 128
  • 2021-03-08 18.23.20.jpg
    2021-03-08 18.23.20.jpg
    291.7 KB · Views: 125
  • 2021-03-08 19.25.35.jpg
    2021-03-08 19.25.35.jpg
    316.1 KB · Views: 127
this

or be like WTF to DHL

but shit man i'm gonna do worse than that first hard range session
The shipper has a claim in but so far it's been about 45 days when their investigation is supposed to take 10-30. They won't give me any information since, I'm not the shipper and it came from outside the US. At this point it's probably getting blood from a stone.

I think what angers me the most is that I'm not the first to scratch it lol. No doubt in my mind that I would scratch it in the dumbest way possible, but at least it would be my fault! Hoping that cerakotes a little tougher or maybe just invest in a lot of DHL SUCKS stickers to cover them up as they happen.

Reactions: b6graham
$150 sounds a little too cheap.....$500 sounds a little too steep.

ide expect ~$300 for a single color......also make sure whoever quotes you factors in shipping.

it also depends on how complex of a paint job you want......most of the time when i drops stuff off for coating, ill ask what jobs they have coming up and if you are flexible on color and time, you can usually get a little better deal than if they have to order something.

ive used wicked weaponry and theyve always done great work.

try Neal @ Dip It In. He is out of Bridgeville, DE. I just got back a scope base, mount & handguard done by him. Quick turn around & quality of work is top notch! Tell him Alex from NJ sent ya.
1619807546942.png

Last edited:
I wouldn’t spend a penny fixing that.
Maybe a green sharpie or something just to cover up the shimmer of it really bugs you.

Reactions: AllenOne1
I definitely wouldn't sell it just because of a couple of scratches.

$150 sounds a little too cheap.....$500 sounds a little too steep.

ide expect ~$300 for a single color......also make sure whoever quotes you factors in shipping.

it also depends on how complex of a paint job you want......most of the time when i drops stuff off for coating, ill ask what jobs they have coming up and if you are flexible on color and time, you can usually get a little better deal than if they have to order something.

ive used wicked weaponry and theyve always done great work.

This is correct. My local guy who's done many jobs for me would probably charge $250 to do a chassis. Somewhere around $250-$300 would be right,but that's a good tip to ask if they have some colors close to what you want so they don't have to order a new color. Of course if you want something more complex or multi color it would be a little more. $500 is too high

I definitely wouldn't sell it just because of a couple of scratches.
The thought behind that is that a buddy of my brother is selling pretty much the rifle I want to build for great price. So I could sell it and not deal with the hassle of getting it coated, but then again this is the first of this stock in the US and some of the fun is building it.

Buddy, I can be anal about my nice wood guns, but I don’t worry about my match guns and long range guns too much. I promise you, if you run that chassis the way it was meant to run, it will look worse than that after your first match. I’m not saying intentionally abuse it, but it’s going to take a few knocks. Climbing in and out of vehicles and moving around barricades on the clock take a normal toll on paint.

Check out Maniacal Arms. They did a stock for my buddies son and it looks incredible.
13636C96-5C5E-4BF2-8AD4-C0D78956ADE4.jpeg