• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

anyone know G7 rating for Hornady 180 gr SST

Gun_Crazy

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 12, 2009
Aloha, Oregon
Trying to help a friend find out the G7 rating for the 180 SST. My googlefu has failed me... It is not listed in Litz's book. any help is appreciated...
Thanks

Re: anyone know G7 rating for Hornady 180 gr SST

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gun_Crazy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Trying to help a friend find out the G7 rating for the 180 SST. My googlefu has failed me... It is not listed in Litz's book. any help is appreciated...
Thanks </div></div>

+1. Just bought a box of .308 180gn SST to try when they were out of 175 SMK and I'm just loading up my first ladder to test them tomorrow (41gn - 45gn Varget)...

For 180 SST #30702 G1= .480 G7 = .244, I do not have velocity variance, but the info is loaded into the G7 ballistic software at gseven.com

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mgoodrich</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any reason why you can't use the G1 rating for this bullet?</div></div> It is my understanding that G7 provides more "accurate" ballistics for long range than G1. But remember that these numbers are all based on scientific formula's which don't always play out in the real world. The G1 and G7 should get you "close", but always verify in the field to see how close. If you've got a smart phone then download one of the ballistic calculators out there and bring that to the field when you go. Punch in all your numbers for the conditions and then begin your tests.