• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

anyone know how to adjust USMC ILBE?

alfred10

Private
Minuteman
Jan 16, 2010
I have a USMC ILBE that rides above my hips. Is there an easy way to make it ride lower? I took the velcro and hip belt off. I am having a hard time moving the frame up. Anyone have info or an owners manual?

Re: anyone know how to adjust USMC ILBE?

Try this:

http://www.ilbepack.com/images/manualfront.pdf

The pack was designed by Arcteryx off of theor BORA line. Link to Arcteryx sizing instructions:

http://www.arcteryx.com/pack-fit.aspx?EN

These are great packs. Unfortunately for the Marines, they were designed without considering body armor. The biggerst complaint about the ILBE from the field seems to be that the pack does not play well with body armor.

They are supposed to ride on your hips, you will last a lot longer carrying a heavy load that way. There should be very little weight on your shoulders.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sjbryan308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They are supposed to ride on your hips, you will last a lot longer carrying a heavy load that way. There should be very little weight on your shoulders. </div></div>
What this guy said.

Yeah you should want all the weight on your hips and as little as possible on your back, there should be ways to adjust the straps up at the top of the pack where they connect into the actual pack itself. If you still have the hip belt off, may I ask why? is it just uncomfortable for you? it can help pull almost all of the weight of the pack for long treks

Yeah you should want all the weight on your hips and as little as possible on your back, there should be ways to adjust the straps up at the top of the pack where they connect into the actual pack itself. If you still have the hip belt off, may I ask why? is it just uncomfortable for you? it can help pull almost all of the weight of the pack for long treks